PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond (on Alltel)
Carrier: Alltel

GnatGoSplat is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint PPC6600 won't stay on when plugged into USB any more

My Sprint PPC6600 (HTC Harrier) will no longer stay on when plugged into USB. It has the original PPC2003. I used to be able to use it as a nice desk clock using SPBTime and sitting it on its dock. It would always stay on, and has the checkbox checked to always stay on when plugged in. It has been fine for years. Now, it shuts completely off after awhile. If I turn it back on, it still turns itself off when left alone. The only way to fix this is a factory reset, which only works for about 2-days before it shuts itself off and will no longer stay on.

Any ideas what might cause this and how to fix it?

The battery holds a charge, so it doesn't seem like degraded battery life is causing it (I wouldn't think battery life is a factory when it's plugged in anyway).
Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Sprint PPC6600 won't stay on when plugged into USB any more

Is the charging light illuminated when this condition presents itself?

Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yes, it starts out orange (charging) but then turns green (battery full, I think).
The LED is on while the phone is on, but when it shuts itself off, the LED also turns off.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I see. I am going to guess that the battery has come to the end of it's life. Do you have another battery there that you could try it with? The battery has to be able to hold a certain amount of a charge for the device to work. For example, if you take the battery out completely, the device will not function. Let us know. =]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Im with Tinkerbell on this one, it definitely sounds like a battery issue. You can take it to a Sprint repair center and they can test it for you.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Battery made the most sense, but I decided to try it out. Turned the phone on and left it sitting on my desk. It has been sitting here since 7:47PM of the 13th. 4 full days later, battery is only down to 85%. I'm kind of surprised the battery is in such good shape because my much newer phones are usually almost empty after 4-days. Oh, and it's interesting that it will stay on (in standby) while on battery, but on the charger it turns itself completely off after awhile to where it has to boot up.

I guess it's not the battery, but I'm stumped what it could be. I noticed the charge LED was off when I pulled the phone off the charger, but battery was still 100% like it must have been trickle-charging (hadn't touched it in months). If it's turned on, the charge LED works as expected. Weird. Only thing I can think of is maybe it doesn't like the charger voltage.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:00 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
This is odd.

Sent from my SPH-L900 on the PPCGeeks App
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 04-03-2013, 06:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC Ads
Carrier: Smart

adficientppcmgt is a n00b

Thanks for all of your thought guys!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags