PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
[Q] Looking for Verizon World Phones Like.......

The HTC HD2 and HTC Imagio, preferably as fast as the HD2 and has Windows Mobile and available option to run Android and has at least a 3.6" to 5" screen and GSM SIM Card. Extra plus would be VGA front cam.

How well does the HTC Imagio rank and scale up? Is it better/faster than the HTC Tp2 or the same?

Anybody know of any? Doesn't matter if they're slider candybar qwerty's or not.

I'm on T-mobile's 30 dollar 250 Talk time mins, Unlimited Text & Data Plan and have Reachout Wireless as well which is a Verizon MVNO and I get 250 free mins from them... So I'd like to keep doing what I'm doing with my LG Fathom but with a bigger easier to use screen.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:04 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [Q] Looking for Verizon World Phones Like.......

The LG Fathom is the best there is on verizon, its spec wise on par with an HD2.

As for the Imagio its pretty much same specs as the TP2.

the only other phone for verizon with winmo is samsung omnia 2 which has a slightly faster 800mhz processor.

But the problem is all these phones have old arm11 processors, the fathom is the only one for verizon with a cortex a8 processor.

So your kinda out of luck if you wish to keep windows mobile and have same performance while limited to verizon :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless
Threadstarter

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The LG Fathom is the best there is on verizon, its spec wise on par with an HD2.

As for the Imagio its pretty much same specs as the TP2.

the only other phone for verizon with winmo is samsung omnia 2 which has a slightly faster 800mhz processor.

But the problem is all these phones have old arm11 processors, the fathom is the only one for verizon with a cortex a8 processor.

So your kinda out of luck if you wish to keep windows mobile and have same performance while limited to verizon :/
Yup I just HATE the size of the Fathom can't text for crap with the onscreen keyboard in portrait mode (Which I tend to have to do a lot of half the time due to my job) that and XDAndroid is a dead and defunct project too due to the lack of users.

So I might just check out the Samsung Omnia 2 and see what it has to offer then, always liked Samsung products over LG when it comes to phones for me it's HTC > Samsung > Nokia > Whatever else

Is the model number i920??? When I ebayed Samsung Omnia 2 a bunch came up, even the 2 OmniaPro,s. LoL

Also on PDAdb for the i920 I see nothing about a second cellular network a.k.a. GSM

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 05-26-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Yup I just HATE the size of the Fathom can't text for crap with the onscreen keyboard in portrait mode (Which I tend to have to do a lot of half the time due to my job) that and XDAndroid is a dead and defunct project too due to the lack of users.

So I might just check out the Samsung Omnia 2 and see what it has to offer then, always liked Samsung products over LG when it comes to phones for me it's HTC > Samsung > Nokia > Whatever else

Is the model number i920??? When I ebayed Samsung Omnia 2 a bunch came up, even the 2 OmniaPro,s. LoL

Also on PDAdb for the i920 I see nothing about a second cellular network a.k.a. GSM
I was just going off my memory so I am not 100% sure, overall though I don't think its worth dropping the cortex a8, to put it into perspective a the slowest cortax a8 is 5x faster then the fastest arm11.

I would honestly suggest moving on to the newer phones, otherwise if texting is your only peeve. If you are the kind of person that has a music player, get a 4"/5" media player and use it to send sms via bluetooth to your fathom.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:16 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

I just remembered, there is another option though if you are willing to spend the money.

See Verizon had this thing called the Open Network which allows you to run devices on their network that are certified but not part of their thing.These are enterprise phones that cost up to 1k$

here are some examples:

Device Showcase: Open Network Devices | Verizon Wireless

http://opennetwork.verizonwireless.c...s&deviceId=148

http://opennetwork.verizonwireless.c...s&deviceId=468

Last edited by gTen; 05-26-2012 at 02:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions