PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo
Looking For More Phones Like...

The Samsung Epix that has the same type of keyboard, is a touchscreen and capable of GSM...

The faster the and bigger the screen the better. Thanks

Don't know much about these styles of phones or what they're even called for their style layout, looking for my friend also it'd be good if it was Windows Mobile and capable of running Android.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Looking For More Phones Like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
The Samsung Epix that has the same type of keyboard, is a touchscreen and capable of GSM...

Don't know much about these styles of phones or what they're even called for their style layout, looking for my friend also it'd be good if it was Windows Mobile and capable of running Android.
Well the only 2 windows mobile phones are Touch Pro 2 and LG Fathom, both I think can run Android on it. With TP2 having the better keyboard but much worse processor. There are other choices but your going to have to order them outside the US.

Otherwise purely Android there is Samsung Captivate Glide, MyTouch 4g, Samsung Sidekick 4g.

What carrier is this for?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless
Threadstarter

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Well the only 2 windows mobile phones are Touch Pro 2 and LG Fathom, both I think can run Android on it. With TP2 having the better keyboard but much worse processor. There are other choices but your going to have to order them outside the US.

Otherwise purely Android there is Samsung Captivate Glide, MyTouch 4g, Samsung Sidekick 4g.

What carrier is this for?
Whats the other choices? He'll be going with the Walmart Prepaid T-mobile or SimpleMobile.

Come to find out Android doesn't matter but he wants a phone that's Windows Mobile, Touchscreen and looks like the blackberry style...

Ya know this
Style. Candybar QWERTY I have no idea what style thats traditionally called. LoL

The Samsung Epix can run ANDromnia BTW, but the processor is 624Mhz

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 03-21-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:21 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

oh...samsung epix...I confused it with Samsung Epic lol...same difference...

If you want to look at the options go here:

PDAdb.net - The Best Smartphone, Tablet, PDA, Netbook, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications Database

it has all the phones there, you can use the pdachooser, pick Windows CE and then keyboard.

Though off the top of my head I would guess the highest spec one is the Motorola ES400S.

Keep in mind the processor mhz is important but a Cortex A8 will destroy a ARM11 processor even if the Corex A8 is clocked at half the mhz.

Edit: The Samsung Omnia Pro seem to be the successor line to the Epix, they have same processor thats in the ES400S based on the Cortex A8

Last edited by gTen; 03-22-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:05 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: any
Carrier: vodafone

tonybosell is a n00b
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post

There are lots of mobile phone like Motorola Q9, Samsung Black jack 2, Samsung Epix, plam Treo Pro. They all mobiles are very faster and bigger and much better screen. They all are very cheapest and android phones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions