PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2006, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Bell

Videonut is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Widcomm Bluetooth Stack Port works on 6700/apache/hermes

I haven't seen this info posted around so I'm making this post in a few forums so the word will be out and others may find some solutions to minor problems.

As many people probably know, the Wibcomm bluetooth stack is superior to the MS BT stack especially when it comes to A2DP and the quality of stereo music.

Disclaimer..this is still a work in progress and using it is obviously at your own risk. I make no claims to helping in this development, I just got lucky and found the thread.

Well the guys over at XDA developers, with the help of members from AXIM site have ported this Widcomm BT stack to the Hermes PPC. As it turns out the chipset is the same so I gave it a shot and installed the BT stack. It works.
Here is the link to the article
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=285419
Please note the link in the 1st thread about collecting donations to give the 1st person to crack open the Widcomm stack for use on the Hermes, maybe if you use this hack/port you'll kick in a few bucks too.

I installed the cab, BBS_HERMES_03, found later in the thread and with no tweaking it worked.
When using the MS BT stack I had perfectly skip free music but suffered from the distortion many people experience. With the Widcomm BT stack I've had to tweak some of it's settings to reduce some of the skipping and cutout issues I've had. I now have ZERO distortion and my Lubix NC1 headset starts 1st time everytime.

Menneisyys, a well know contributor to many forums has a great article on tweaking the Widcomm BT stack.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ind...&pb=1#more1350

Hopefully a few of you PPC6700 users will jump on board and maybe find a way to completely eliminate the skips, because the quality of the music blows the MS BT stack away. Try it out and see for yourselves. It is possible to uninstall the stack if you choose also the MS BT stack and the Widcomm stack can coexist on your device, but only 1 can be used at a time.

My settings...(you'll have to make some of these entries in the registry, the full path is in Menneisyys' article)
LineSpeed = 256
Blocks = 16
SubBand = 8
BaudRate = 921600
These settings work best with .ogg files at 96 kbps
for .mp3 at 192 LineSpeed and blocks need to be reduced.

I'll wrap up by saying thanks to the developers involved at XDA devlopers and Axim. Feel free to use this thread for your settings and problems so that we can all get this working perfectly. If a real breakthrough is made the information will be passed to the development thread.

Link for cab file BBS_HERMES_03.ZIP
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...73#post1072773
Old 12-16-2006, 06:45 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
How bout attaching the stack?
~Mike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions