PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Verizon

kyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on repkyderr is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is PPCkitchen done ?

How much data are we talking about hosting? What were some of the stats from before?
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache (Verizon XV6700)

Nicezia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Please restore fileserver! my Apache is in dire need of a new ROM! and all the pre-built roms i've found (other than stock WM5 roms) are flawed (as in won't read the sd card (and what good is the Apache without the sd card?)!!!

I need my PPCKitchen back!!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnieglen View Post
Thankyou Tinkerbell for all the work you did on PPCKitchen. I still have a PPC-6700 that I love to show off because it has one of your builds on it. It is amazing that a phone that I purchased in 2005 is still able to give good service. I was sad when I found the site was down because I was hoping to use it to cook up something for one of our TP2s. But thanks again!
Yes the PPCGKitchen was one of the best ever, one of the original OG's and founder of this site @Wideawake has returned back.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnieglen View Post
Thankyou Tinkerbell for all the work you did on PPCKitchen. I still have a PPC-6700 that I love to show off because it has one of your builds on it. It is amazing that a phone that I purchased in 2005 is still able to give good service. I was sad when I found the site was down because I was hoping to use it to cook up something for one of our TP2s. But thanks again!
Hey @vonnieglen!! Thank you for your kind words!! I really appreciate the encouragement!! It is so great to hear from our users! Sorry, but I didn't see your post until today!! Thank you to all that have worked so hard to make our community a success!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff

I just picked up a touch pro, and would love to be able to build my own rom using ppckitchen. I used to build roms for my tp2 and vogue with ppckitchen. I hope you guys can get the site back up. I believe ppckitchen is the most user friendly rom building there is.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Vogue)

TheXev is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to TheXev Send a message via AIM to TheXev

I was wondering if the files still needed hosting. I was under the impression that NuAngel had offered you additional hosting before if you needed, and I am sure he would provide it even now.

The only reason I stopped using PPCK was because I got used to v2 and could not get a working build after a reformat. I would love to pick up and continue building my XevRev ROM series for HTC Vogue, but I need a working build of PPCK v2 to do it.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: ALLTEL

iamnotsunshine is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to iamnotsunshine
Lightbulb Re: Is PPCkitchen done ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
No, not in charge, just part of the PPCkitchen.org team. At this point, it is a matter of 'shall we evolve the site, or let it go'. Some on the team think that it is time to just let go, others are thinking back to fun times and wanting that to continue. We shall see...
Do you know of anyone with a last copy of the build program? Wow, I know this is old and way done, but I love my 6800! I'm going back to school and can't buy a new phone, so I thought I would get it back up and going.. but I'm going from Verizon to Syringa and the phone needs the carrier changed, and that program was the only way I know how.. and oddly, you say syringa to most people and they look at you like your mad.. but that's how I felt about cricket at first.. hu? never heard of them Well THANKS if anyone has a old copy of the program and the updates... or can tell me how to change the carrier.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Humm... well, do you have the carrier files for Syringa, or access to them? It is really up to that carrier if they will accept your Titan onto their network. What carrier is it branded as?
Old 11-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: ALLTEL

iamnotsunshine is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to iamnotsunshine

It's branded on Alltel, last used on verizon... Syringa told me to take it to the mall and get it flashed. The guy at the mall said he didn't know how to do it anymore for that old of a phone. I searched around here for anything about Syringa with no luck.. I just remember BuildOS had it as a carrier.. So I would think someone would know the 2 numbers I need to change in the phone. Ones the PRL and the other NAM right... Hopefully with WM coming back out on new phones there will be more excitement about PPCKitchen again. I wish I had $ to buy a new phone, but rent was my #1 issue
Old 12-21-2011, 06:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b

Any chance of gett this up again I just changed from a Titan to a TP2 and can't build who do I need to sleep with or bribe to get it back up and just so I can download the files...please...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions