PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Microsoft Killing Off Windows Mobile 6.x Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
And as consumers we care...because? Personally at end of the day I don't care who copied who or who stole whose patent..as long as I get the best outcome as a product in my hands.

I follow this rule:

Do I work or have shares for company A?
Do I work or have shares for company B?

If the answer to both questions is no..then it really don't matter...companies have lawyers..let them figure it out...

But I do not like when companies sue everyone for dumb/simple things...like Apple is doing now..
yea I dont like that either, they could've went the royalties route that MS is taking and I dont know y they're going after the OEMs or why google isn't helping them out. I also don't get how the hell phone number recognition could be a patent when WM devices were doing that long before the iPhone came out, even my HTC arrive does that in some instances.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
yea I dont like that either, they could've went the royalties route that MS is taking and I dont know y they're going after the OEMs or why google isn't helping them out. I also don't get how the hell phone number recognition could be a patent when WM devices were doing that long before the iPhone came out, even my HTC arrive does that in some instances.
Google just took the licensing route..android remains free but they are now in the game. (They acquired motorola)

As for the phone recognition..it was an OLD patent that Apple had...it wasn't even meant for cellphones..and its kinda generic in concept...personally I don't think it should be a a patent to begin with :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Quote:
Google just took the licensing route..android remains free but they are now in the game. (They acquired motorola)

As for the phone recognition..it was an OLD patent that Apple had...it wasn't even meant for cellphones..and its kinda generic in concept...personally I don't think it should be a a patent to begin with :/
yea I saw that they did. they're so desperate for world dominance or to defend their so called "war on Android" besides alot of Motorola patents are related to feature phones rather than smartphones.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
yea I saw that they did. they're so desperate for world dominance or to defend their so called "war on Android" besides alot of Motorola patents are related to feature phones rather than smartphones.
well they are the most valuable company on the planet, so that's a head start.

I agree that none of these things should be given patents, it's so ludicrous.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:56 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
a more advanced winmo that infringes on patents from oracle,apple,Microsoft and maybe even a few other companies.

oh BS, don't try to play that card because you do not like android. the only reason apple & company keep suing is because they are running scared, they know what the numbers are.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
oh BS, don't try to play that card because you do not like android. the only reason apple & company keep suing is because they are running scared, they know what the numbers are.
its not that I don't like Android I don't like Google period! I don't use any of their stuff anymore. I didn't like them even before all of this began, the didn't give MS the APIs needed to integrate YouTube into wp7, they made this webM format that's intentionally incompatible with IE9 on YouTube (thankfully the html5 YouTube videos open in the video player on wp7). they intentionally redirect wp7 and WM devices to the old mobile sites and not the new ones like they do for iOS and android even tho the browser is equally capable. the list goes much beyond this recent patent trolling that they're doing.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:04 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
its not that I don't like Android I don't like Google period! I don't use any of their stuff anymore. I didn't like them even before all of this began, the didn't give MS the APIs needed to integrate YouTube into wp7, they made this webM format that's intentionally incompatible with IE9 on YouTube (thankfully the html5 YouTube videos open in the video player on wp7). they intentionally redirect wp7 and WM devices to the old mobile sites and not the new ones like they do for iOS and android even tho the browser is equally capable. the list goes much beyond this recent patent trolling that they're doing.
Correction...Google wanted webm included in IE9, M$ did not want to include it..so Google made an IE9 plugin for WebM..but Google can't make a WebM plugin for IE9 on WP7 due to WP7 limitations..so unless M$ wants to include it its beyond Google..cause WebM is open source...FireFox and Opera includes it even...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Correction...Google wanted webm included in IE9, M$ did not want to include it..so Google made an IE9 plugin for WebM..but Google can't make a WebM plugin for IE9 on WP7 due to WP7 limitations..so unless M$ wants to include it its beyond Google..cause WebM is open source...FireFox and Opera includes it even...
IE9 on wp7 doesn't need a plugin because all the html5 videos webM or not play in Zune. what is so good about it being open source? doesn't look any better than the other formats.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Taiwan's HTC sues Apple over patents | Reuters
Old 08-16-2011, 12:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
IE9 on wp7 doesn't need a plugin because all the html5 videos webM or not play in Zune. what is so good about it being open source? doesn't look any better than the other formats.
Last I checked WP7 did not have WebM support :/...as for whats so good about WebM? well in terms of quality it is not better then H264, but its not too far behind. Except H264 is owned by license holders. So if you use H264 for commercial use you have to pay licensing fees..where as WebM is free...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions