PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

IsiEMT is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows Mobile messaging jamming, help!

Using HTC Touch Pro 2, on Sprint, with Windows Mobile 6.5. Every now and then my messaging gets jammed. Everything related to sms freezes. No incoming sms, can't open existing ones, or clear all messages. Absolutely annoying. Sometimes it will hold on for a few days, then return to normal on its own. But not always.

Yes, I have many applications installed. I even performed several hard resets, and re-installed my programs one by one, in hope to locate the trouble maker. Without success. The phone might be working fine even after all programs are installed, and one nice blue Monday it will jam again for no reason. I used to have this problem when running Windows Mobile 6.1, and hoped that upgrading to 6.5 will solve the issue. Nice dreams... Same problem again!

I found an online user with the same or similar problem. According to him the bad boy is SPB Mobile Shell. I actually suspected the same, but I have no evidence that this is indeed the problem.

I'm desperate to finally figure out what can cause the problem. Currently I don't have any clue so I can't even work on a solution. Help!

Any help or support will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Re: Windows Mobile messaging jamming, help!

I cant say that it would be the shell for sure, since Ive never used it, but I looked it up befor responding to this.
The shell seems to be a re-write of most of the entire phones functions inorder to give it the animations and looks that it does.
If not that then it could be somekind of application that just pulls the phones native information such as the messages and ports them into the shell to re distribute the data where it is needed.
Again, I am not sure, but if that is the case, then I would deffenetly say that the shell would be the problem,

Somewhere along the lines it might be lagging or glitching the information causeing you message freezes.

I saw that that shell is a paid app, so I could understand why you might want to keep using it regaurdless.

You said youve already updated to 6.5, but there is a nice rebuild of the sprint rom for 6.5.3

heres a link

It wouldnt hurt to see if this rom is better suited for your shell

If not, maybe any other rom might give you a better look with out your shell,
That shell looks like it has alot of Android style menus, and there is an energy rom that has alot of the same looks from what Ive seen

heres a link to that

Of course if you dont want to flash a new rom, wich is understandable, you can always just try out MaxSense with is the foundation of that rom style.

heres a link to that.

Im not sure what else to tell you as far as the shell goes, but this is all I can think of at the moment

cheers
Old 05-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

IsiEMT is a n00b

aedon,

Thank you so much for your time and for replying. I really appreciate it. Since the time I posted my problem, I happened to pinpoint the problematic program. It's called "Vibro", and it's actually a cool program. It lets you set custom vibration patterns for new sms, email, missed calls, etc. Since I re-installed most other programs and not this one, my messaging is working fine.

Nevertheless, I'll still check out the links you provided, as I might still find something interesting.

Again, thanks a million for coming back to me, and good luck further!
Old 05-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep

AH THAT DEVIL OF A PROGRAM!!!

I had issues with that aswell. I downloaded it once and I ended up not recieveing messages from people untill 24 hours after they had sent it.

Needless to say I only kept that program for about a day or two cause I immeadietly knew it caused the problem.
I had COMPLEATLY forgotten about that nasty little program lol.

Had you even mensioned it once I would have immeaditly said that program was the reason for your headachs.

If I ever run into situations like that where I have a list of things installed and something is glitchy, its best to install things one at a time and wait it out to see wich is the problem, process of elimination ya know
Its somthing that was deffinetly drilled into practise when I wrote up my messaging skin.

I was a dummy and tried to hit the ground with a running start by changing multiple things at once and then just starring at messed up app wondering what i did wrong lmao.
Took me awhile to sit and just do things one little step at a time.

I know everyone always want to just gogogo and do it all at once but sometimes its really not the best thing to do.

Last edited by aedon; 05-30-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

IsiEMT is a n00b

Yeah.. you're right. Funny thing is, I did install one program at a time a while ago, but somehow then I didn't figure it out.

One thing I can tell you. There are always problems. Now that I fixed that issue, my sd card stopped responding. I took it to a data recovery guy, so far no success. So I have all my data there, and no backup! I mean I have a backup, but only of my device, not of my sd card. Pfff... always headaches!

Do you know of any similar program to Vibro that is not so buggy?
Old 05-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

unfortunatly no. that was the only one I had ever used since it was free online.
There is one on the marketplace that I had seen once but its not free so I never tried it.

As far as the sd card....... did you possibly hit format?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

IsiEMT is a n00b

No. I started to notice sluggishness in accessing data on the card, and the severity increased slowly until it completely stopped. Problem was that I didn't understand right away that the card is causing problems. I thought it's the phone. By the time I got what's going on and I wanted to quickly transfer all data from the card to my pc, the pc did not recognize the sd card anymore...

And now the data recovery guy is unsuccessful so far in retrieving anything. He's still trying different methods...
Old 06-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

well Idk what to tell you,
good luck though. Hope he figures it out for you
Old 06-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

IsiEMT is a n00b

Thanks again pal!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions