PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 07:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)
Carrier: Sprint

Lowranger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Files Lost, Help Me Please

Vogue on Winmo 6.1

I keep(kept) helpful files in a folder I call(ed) "Device Memos".

It contains passwords, setup info, application guides, manuals, and other things to help me manage my device. It is mostly .txt, .doc., .pdf. and some saved web pages (.html).

The other day I thought I'd leave a memo in an audible format. I used Resco Recorder which saved it in a folder called "audio recordings". I then went into the folder and copied the mp3(hold stylus down, copy). Then, I went to "device memos" and pasted it(stylus down, paste).

As soon as I pasted I was taken to the root folder in Resco Explorer. Very strange I thought. I returned to "device memos" and ALL of my folders/files were missing...it was empty.

I searched the device but couldn't find them.

I've tried several restore programs such as Recuva, Easeus, Duplicate File Detective, and others without success.

Strangely, with the SD Card inserted in a reader I can double-click and find files and folders with strange gibberish for text. Right clicking on the folder for properties displays 116 files, 112 folders, and 215 Gigabytes!

Can anyone explain what has happened and help me restore this data ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Device Memos Properties.JPG (216.7 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Corrupted.JPG (304.1 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Lowranger; 01-27-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Files Lost, Help Me Please

Wild Guess 1: DRM? Maybe Resco will not allow copying of audio file without digital rights being satisfied. Wild Guess 2: Encryption? Start > Settings > System > Encryption needs to be UNchecked. Wild Guess 3: Compression? Might files be getting compressed to save storage space?

Hopefully, you have back-up copies of everything. Good luck!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Maybe use Resco Explorer and make sure it shows all files to see if you can find your other files. Maybe somehow all of the older files got re-associated with Resco Explorer or something else or maybe the old files were unfortunately overwritten.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Guess 4 (maybe not so wild): If you pasted to Storage Card, then there's the possibility that you had an interruption in data flow. This can happen when a physical connection is compromised between any of the little fingers that touch on the card's gold terminal pads. I had such a problem awhile ago, and it got worse. But it stopped after I cleaned the card terminals with a soft dry lintfree cloth. Since then, I've been extra careful about inserting card, making sure to hear and feel a clean click. And removing the tiny little card as smoothly as possible (while struggling to hold the damnable side door open).

Here's screenshot of what I saw before cleaning terminals:

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 01-30-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry 9860 & Playbook
Carrier: Telcel

felixgza is a n00b

But you have a backup, dont you?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IPHONE
Carrier: IPHONE

mmoseeker is a n00b

reinstall the soft

playermall strive to protect our users— both buyers and sellers —with a scam-free trading environment.

Our PlayerGuardian technology conducts rigorous security screening processes. The purpose: to protect payments between buyers and sellers with banking-level security and fraud prevention software.

After every transaction, our users rate each other based on their trading experiences by providing transparent feedback. PlayerGuardian rewards quality service, and penalizes unreliable traders.

Last edited by mmoseeker; 04-25-2020 at 09:55 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions