PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost

2conscious is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.5 Touch Pro 2 Multitasking

Hey guys.

First post here, and I had a quick question.

I'm going to be purchasing a Touch Pro 2 this week and placing it on to boost mobile, thanks to some information I found on this site.

My question is, will I be able to listen to music and browse the web, text, etc simultaneously?

And by observation, is there any significant benefits from running Android on the Touch Pro 2 outside of proprietary apps?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Re: 6.5 Touch Pro 2 Multitasking

You can listen to music while your on the web,send/receive text.
You could be on the web and switch to sending a text and then switch back to web

You cant listen to music and be on a phone call.
You cant be on the web and be on a phone call at the same time unless your using wifi for web.

And about android you just give a try and see what you think about it.

Also if you use my guide "Guide for tp2 on boost" then dont forget to hit thanks on that thread.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

welcome 2consious and glad to see masetas was the first one here to help Thanks!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

2conscious is a n00b

Thanks for the reply Maestas.

Yeah, I'll put a thanks on the tutorial you gave.

Also, I'm going to be taking a mobile programming course this next semester, and I'm majoring in Computer Networking and Technology, maybe going to transfer and get a CE degree.

So, I think I'll be able to contribute to this site and xda.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

2conscious is a n00b

Does anyone know if I need the phone box to activate the phone?

I'd assume not, since the information should be inside the phone itself.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2conscious
Does anyone know if I need the phone box to activate the phone?

I'd assume not, since the information should be inside the phone itself.
Nope
You'll be fine as long as the esn is clean meaning it wasn't reported lost or stolen.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

multitasking is better on 6.1 roms than on 6.5 roms u seem to be limited to 2 or 3 things before they all get closed down automatically. on the stock sprint 6.1 and the sprint basics rom i was able to run 7 programs at once
Old 12-18-2010, 04:54 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2conscious View Post
Hey guys.

First post here, and I had a quick question.

I'm going to be purchasing a Touch Pro 2 this week and placing it on to boost mobile, thanks to some information I found on this site.

My question is, will I be able to listen to music and browse the web, text, etc simultaneously?

And by observation, is there any significant benefits from running Android on the Touch Pro 2 outside of proprietary apps?

Thanks in advance!

You should be bale to do that fine...the only limitation for your use that you might notice is when receiving/sending texts your internet will not work for like a second or less and then be back on...this is not related to the phone itself, just a limitation of CDMA technology...(or at least the CDMA technology currently used by US carriers today)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-18-2010, 01:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Pageplus

Morningglory is a n00b

lets keep 5, 6, and 6.5 ALIVE for a long tyme, I love it to pieces! and Clone 7 is scary, and horrible to me.. I'm sad about it having no built in stylus, and You have to be like "all thumbs" - I love the detail and intricacies of using a stylus, until we can write with our brainwaves in a common fashion, the stylus will never be obsolete, Downgrades are looking more promising, I think Microsoft needs to support winmo 6.5 for quite some time into the future, and hopefully many many new and wonderful applications, as well as those that have been with us from the beginning will arrive at the
Microsoft Mall.....
Old 12-18-2010, 01:54 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningglory View Post
lets keep 5, 6, and 6.5 ALIVE for a long tyme, I love it to pieces! and Clone 7 is scary, and horrible to me.. I'm sad about it having no built in stylus, and You have to be like "all thumbs" - I love the detail and intricacies of using a stylus, until we can write with our brainwaves in a common fashion, the stylus will never be obsolete, Downgrades are looking more promising, I think Microsoft needs to support winmo 6.5 for quite some time into the future, and hopefully many many new and wonderful applications, as well as those that have been with us from the beginning will arrive at the
Microsoft Mall.....

TP2 has a stylus??? lol j/k

NEVER use it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions