PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks pibe

So i've been doing my research on SERO and asked them a few questions about mainting my previous number and they said that I am able to do it so thats a good thing, I would be coming from Verizon fyi, and it seems as though, if I am not mistaken that if i sign up by the end of the month i'll get the unlimited texting, which includes regular sms, picture and video messages? Can someone tell me if that is right? Also is Sprint in the habit of paying any part of a $175 early termination fee if you are migrating from another company? I'll end up making my early term fee back in savings after 9 months with sprint but everylittle bit helps a kid still in school lol. Also I see this 'power vision' is included, I looked on sprints website but there seem to be multiple power vision packs...does anyone know which comes with sero? Also does anyone know if there is a way to get the to include anything else for perks i.e. the free incoming for free? If anyone can help me it would be great. I am a little new and nervous to jump ship but the savings just cant be beat, and sprint can only go up so I am hopeful...Oh and also one last thing, online at the sero site I only see a limited selection of phones go as far as pda, aka the q, wx, 755p and the 6700, I do NOT see the 6800 should it be there? Also what is the price of it with a sero plan?

Please and Thanks, the quicker the better I want to try to get this done by the end of the month for free texting...OHHHHHH last thing for real...this u.l texting for sms, and pic and vid, is this sprint to sprint only or all inclusive for all other carriers??

Thanks again.

P.S. I keep using the email, 'savings@sprint.com' to go in and check the information for sero but am I supposed to be able to order online, or do I need to call now? Or do I need a sprint employee email now? thanks again...

PH

Don't forget to hit the '+'
Old 06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

wingzero is a n00b
It's throught phone order only now and you can use the email savings@sprintemi.com. You can send sms, pic, and vid to any carriers.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
WZero,

Thanks for the quick reply, ok so thats two questions down...only a few more

1. Is sprint sero in the habit, if anyone knows, of helping people to pay off their early term fee from another carrier? (highly doubtful i know but im hoppin)

2. What is the power vision pack that you get with the sero plan?

3. Do they have the other available phones located somehwere on the web that I can look at ie the 6800? or do i just find out over the phone?

4. Just thought of this, will they ask me for the employee email address when i talk to them on the phone? or because i already entered it and called will they not care?

Thanks again for all the responses, almost there now, final stretch

PH
Old 06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Ok so after a 20 or so minute call to CS (*2) I now switched to the 500min SERO plan, But the rep could not find info about the text msg. So I'm planning to just e-mail customer service about the txts.

EDIT: NVM I called retention and got them to add the unlimited txt's instantly... Awesome! Now I just gotta figure out how to afford a 6800...
Old 06-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Lurker

cieje is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cieje Send a message via MSN to cieje
PerfectHybrid

as far as I know, if you order online with that email etc that's it - they won't ask you to verify anything etc. This isn't like a covert operation or anything; it's allowed.

As for paying off your bill, I doubt it. Unless it's nextel, but even then it'd be a pain I bet.

It's easy to xfer your old phone number though - DESPITE what they tell you. I had to call 3 times before I got a CS even willing to do it. The first two told me it'd take 2-4 days blah blah blah. And finally I got someone with two brain cells and she said up to 4 hours. It was almost instant btw.

The "vision" package that comes with sero is basically everything. Any and all internet, email, mms, and now sms included. It also allows EVDO able phones access to the faster network, although I thought that was what power vision was for The only thing it does "include" is tethering as far as I know, although people still do it without getting caught as long as you're not like using torrents or something.

As for phones - just start the sero process - there'll be plans to select with phones available.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectHybrid
WZero,

Thanks for the quick reply, ok so thats two questions down...only a few more

1. Is sprint sero in the habit, if anyone knows, of helping people to pay off their early term fee from another carrier? (highly doubtful i know but im hoppin)

2. What is the power vision pack that you get with the sero plan?

3. Do they have the other available phones located somehwere on the web that I can look at ie the 6800? or do i just find out over the phone?

4. Just thought of this, will they ask me for the employee email address when i talk to them on the phone? or because i already entered it and called will they not care?

Thanks again for all the responses, almost there now, final stretch

PH
Just hurry up and call them You should know all about the SERO now, after everybody else has it, lol. Good luck getting it.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 06-22-2007, 11:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
i got sero and i ended up paying more then i ususualy pay 40 more that sucks and i only have 2 lines 49.99 and there charging me for vision and text

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 06-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech777
i got sero and i ended up paying more then i ususualy pay 40 more that sucks and i only have 2 lines 49.99 and there charging me for vision and text
Well, SERO's website clearly states that its for individual plans only, So that may be your big problem right there... They probably screwed something up causing all the extra fees and such...

I would call retention and have them straighten it up...
Old 06-24-2007, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Just a quick FYI for those going to sero from non sprint carriers. It seems as though when you first get your account (before the 30th) You will NOT have the ul texting promo on it. It is a code that has to be added once your account is no longer pending (which mine is and i guess anyone elses will until you get your phone and activate it) That being said I have also been 'assured' that for whateve reason if I do not get my phone before the 30th that they should still be able to put on the ul texting promo on as the guy said they rarely take the code out immediately. HOWEVER the promo feature is a CODE that they have in the system so as soon as the code is out of the system regardless of what happens you won't be able to do anything about it..to my knowledge anyways...you migh tbe able to get the ul texting package and have them give you the credit for it every month or something but figured i'd let people know that the promo has to be added after you account is out of pending status. Furthermore the who I got the phone trhough (telesales) said that with my $30/month plan I also qualify for the upgrade promos being 1-12 month= $0 13-18=$75 and 19-24+=$150 which struck me as odd as most of us thought that you needed a plan of 34.99 or higher however I will re confirm this once my account becomes active again and edit this post as needed.

So if you're looking for the ul texting promo on your account GET IT NOW (not vzw style hahaha get it? get it now??...ok) casue it is a code and will get bumped out of their system. Hopefulle this helps someone out there.

PH
Old 06-24-2007, 07:35 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hes right

yes with Sprint/Nextel you get a 75.00 rebate after one year to renew your contract and get a new phone (upgrade) : after two years you get 175. He is correct and I am glad you finally got onto the darn SERO! =D>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions