PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 11:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kvictor017 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows is not dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I mean it doesnt really matter. Within a year or two, aside from Nokia.. Android & Iphone will be #1 and #2. Eventually they WILL catch and pass RIM. If and when the iphone goes to Verizon also the sales will explode again and probably make them #1. MS will bring up the rear and be somewhere behind Android, Iphone & RIM. Anyone that thinks WP7 is going to make THAT dramatic of a difference in sales to pass the iphone, android or RIM now is delusional.

For the most part the customers that MS lost are gone for good. There will be a FEW thatll switch to WP7 but not many.

I don't know boss....this IS Microsoft we're talking about. I think they're gonna come back to the front. At least on the same level as Android and Iphone. Let's also not forget that this is the release version of WP7. It's gonna get better over time. Like i said earlier, this is gonna be good for consumers, b/c now they have to listen to us, or lose market share. Let me go get my whip.... lol
Old 11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Bro... There's a new batch of customers EVERY year...
My 16 year old's had a phone since he was 12. I know... I didn't buy him a smart phone... But he's ready for one in 2011. HE will decide which platform to follow. He was thinking EVO (Android) but he's been seeing the buzz WP7 has caused and now he's rethinking it. He's saving all his christmas money and I bet he gets a Smart phone in 2011. Old dudes like me who've been with WinMo since it came out are not who M$ is worried about. And unless Android and iPhone come up with something different... It's gonna be tight at the top. Verizon getting the iPhone might get some peoples wifes to buy it. I know I would have to buy one for MY wife if it came to Sprint. But Most people on Verizon are on Android phones and happy to be there.
New business is where it's at. Not to mention stealing users from Apple and Android especially those who have a new upgrade coming and have an XBox at home. They are a huge target for M$. It seems to me that people forget that M$ has been in this game a long time and they have the bucks and the resources to make it happen. Maybe not number 1 but then again number 3 is not a bad place to be.
p.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well, I cannot avoid a bit of a rant here as I have been following Windows Phone 7 carefully via Paul Thurott and Windows Weekley. I just got a new laptop so started exploring the various options of synching my mail, calendar and music.

I have come to the conclusions that synching is a whole lot easier on Android and iPhone that what is being proposed with WP7. As far as I can tell your only option with WP7 is to have your Calender on Live and synch from that (does not go in the opposite direction). Also I guess you have to buy into Zune and somehow synch your music collections via that.

How does all this cloud stuff work when you are say in an airplane and offline?

I guess my next phone will have to be android. I refuse to get stuck in the manipulations of either Apple or MS. For the time being, I'll keep going with my TP2, which is giving me basically no trouble with WM 6.5.

Rant, rant, rant....
Old 11-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Ha? yeah. What happens else you are on airplane mode?
Old 11-14-2010, 10:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

In the future I would expect data to work on airplanes...more and more planes are getting wifi compatibility and stuff..that said its still not the future so yeah...

Then again its aimed at regular consumers who most likely go on airplane no more then 4 times a month at max..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

can you believe that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?

Gten, data worked when I flew to jamaica....or was that wifi?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
can you believe that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?

Gten, data worked when I flew to jamaica....or was that wifi?
What they do is this...they have cell towers aimed at the sky which sends 3gg data..I think cdma(but dont quote me on it)..the airplane picks up the signals and gives it to you in a form of wifi..not sure if any airline added transparent cellular support..my guess no since they dont want you communicating to the ground for security reasons..I hear people got scolded by flight attendants for video chat and the like..
Old 11-15-2010, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Probably eats up the bandwidth.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for the detailed explanation I thought it was wifi.....how do the towers send signals all the way to Jamaica? WOW they're amazzzzing :P LOL
Old 11-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
...they dont want you communicating to the ground for security reasons...
But, isn't this what kept the last hijack'd 9/11 plane from hitting the terrorist's target? Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was a hero of a guy that learned about earlier attacks by way of cell phone conversation while in flight.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions