PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How to activate a TP2 w/energy rom on sprint? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135678)

MCnDaHouse 10-19-2010 04:36 PM

How to activate a TP2 w/energy rom on sprint?

I bought a HTC Touch Pro 2 that has the energy rom installed.

I did the online activation with Sprint. However I cannot key in the numbers they gave me. They tell me to:
  1. Tap Start.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap All Settings.
  4. On the System tab, scroll down and tap Update Profile.
There is no "All Settings" under settings. I cannot find an update profile anywhere. They also said try ##6digitcode# from the dial pad. However that does nothing.

Help!

darren.wlsn1 10-19-2010 04:55 PM

Re: How to activate a TP2 w/energy rom on sprint?

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCnDaHouse (Post 1977138)
I bought a HTC Touch Pro 2 that has the energy rom installed.

I did the online activation with Sprint. However I cannot key in the numbers they gave me. They tell me to:
  1. Tap Start.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap All Settings.
  4. On the System tab, scroll down and tap Update Profile.
There is no "All Settings" under settings. I cannot find an update profile anywhere. They also said try ##6digitcode# from the dial pad. However that does nothing.

Help!

try this sir.

MCnDaHouse 10-19-2010 04:59 PM

I am a noob with this stuff. I am assuming that file has to be transferred to the phone? I'll need to get a data cable. So all I do is copy that to the windows/system folder?

Thanks,

MC

darren.wlsn1 10-19-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCnDaHouse (Post 1977155)
I am a noob with this stuff. I am assuming that file has to be transferred to the phone? I'll need to get a data cable. So all I do is copy that to the windows/system folder?

Thanks,

MC

its just a cab so transfer from pc to ppc and tap on the cab that will ask where you wanna install and choose main mem then softreset.

MCnDaHouse 10-19-2010 05:42 PM

Anyone know if the data cable for the touch pro will work with the touch pro 2? I have access to one of those. Thanks.

darren.wlsn1 10-19-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCnDaHouse (Post 1977185)
Anyone know if the data cable for the touch pro will work with the touch pro 2? I have access to one of those. Thanks.

yes sir, neither are micro like most new ones now.

GirlGoneGeek 10-19-2010 07:59 PM

you can also email the cab file to your phone, click the file from the email and it will install to phone

Unknownforce 10-19-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1977334)
you can also email the cab file to your phone, click the file from the email and it will install to phone

This assumes the phone is activated already since you can't get e-mail on the phone until you activate it on some data network to get that e-mail.... lol

Anyways, I sold him the phone, and I know I included the cable. Not sure why he's trying to use another one? lol

Anyways, you guys forgot to mention that you need activesync or Windows Device Center to connect the phone... Once you have that installed, the phone will show up in My Computer, you just go through that and place it somewhere there, then unplug the phone, and use one of the file browsing softwares on that phone to open it. (There should be a file explorer or something in the tools folder in the start menu)

BTW, MC, you can disregard my PM's and just do what I said here..

MCnDaHouse 10-19-2010 11:22 PM

Hey, unknown, the only cable I got with the phone was the charging cable. Oh wait, I guess if you disconnect from the wall box it works as a data cable? wow, what will they think of next, lol.

Thanks for the info and help. I'll try to get the software I need and do the cab update.

MC

darren.wlsn1 10-19-2010 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCnDaHouse (Post 1977460)
Hey, unknown, the only cable I got with the phone was the charging cable. Oh wait, I guess if you disconnect from the wall box it works as a data cable? wow, what will they think of next, lol.

Thanks for the info and help. I'll try to get the software I need and do the cab update.

MC

thats funny as hell, goodluck