PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007, 03:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

McBadass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Samsung SCH-i760 or XV6800

Hello everyone! I currently own the Verizon XV6700 and I'm loving all the kitchen work I can do with it. I however just saw the Samsung SCH-i760 and the newer XV6800 and I'm loving them! I really like the Samsung's numbers on the outside of the phone.

ANYWAY: I'm wanting to upgrade. Does anyone here have a preference? What is the best phone as far as performance? Where's the cheapest place to buy it?
Old 12-09-2007, 03:56 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
The i760 would be an great purchase IMHO as it has excellent build quality & it can be used effectively with 1 hand but I would give it alittle more time.

Wait for people to drum up complaints then decide.
Heh, if the V's expensive plans & that data ceiling weren't issues I'd have a i760 right now.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:58 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

McBadass is a n00b
Fortunately my work pays for the data plan I really like the XV6700 but it's way big and bulky. So you think the i760 is a better all around phone? Is there a kitchen for the i760?
Old 12-10-2007, 03:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

PRSPower is a n00b
I got the XV6600 when it first came out, moved to the 6700 on an Asurion insurance claim. And just talked our companies Verizon rep into selling me a 6800 for $250 with no strings attached (essentially a retail no contract purchase) The 6800 came via FedEx this morning and is now doing it's initial charge of the batteries. One of my buddies got the i760 when it first came out and I have to admit it is freaking sweet, the dial pad on the front is what really sets it apart from the 6800, but I don't see much in the way of kitchen possibilities for the i760. That is really what tipped me to the 6800, I know that a sweet kitchen for the 6800 is a "when" not and "if" because of the super humans that make PPCGeeks what it is. A kitchen for the i760 is an "if" and a big if at that.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
It depends on what you are looking for, If you want a well built phone that works, but you can't tweak and make it your own the i760 is the way to go. No Kitchens or cutom roms, but it works out of the box. If your the type that like and has to screw around and customize Roms then the 6800 is your better bet.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None yet
Carrier: Sprint

Vigilante is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Vigilante
I had the i760 for two weeks+ and just went to VZ to compare to the 6800 cause I was thinking about switching, and now I'm not so sure. My i760 looks nicer, feels nicer, feels sturdier, better slide feel, extra keypad, etc...
The 6800 has it's pluses though, ROM updates, Evdo Rev. A, Ir port, USB, 2mpx camera, scroll wheel.

Seriously though, compared to my i760, the 6800 felt more like a toy than a phone. The slider sounds like plastic against plastic, the blue surround color, the buttons all feel like cheap plastic. Look and feel does not even compare, IMO. The i760 feels professional, the 6800 feels cheap. And yet the 6800 is more expensive. Also the keyboard on the i760 is better. The keys are separate and you can easily tell when you are rubbing over a new key. On the 6800, all the keys are part of one big pad, and not really individual buttons like the i760.

I am still debating whether to switch, and will keep looking for more suggestions around these forums. I don't need Rev. A, I'm not even in a compatible city, I don't use Ir, I don't care about proprietary plug, and I'm not that big on taking pics from a phone anyway. And I'm not geeky enough to care about changing ROMs.
I have my problems with the i760 as well, mainly, the crappy position of the disconnect key, which I've already accidentally hung up on 3 or 4 people cause it is right where I want to put my fingers, in left or right hand holding.

Good luck though!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

McBadass is a n00b
The USB thing is huge for me. I have about a million USB connections/chargers and LOVE when people use that as a charger. That right there is almost enough to sell me on the 6800. I think I'm going to end up going with the 6800 even though the i760 keypad on the outside is soooo sexy... Hmm... Damn, now that I'm talking about it I'm not so sure again. It would really be amazing to have an outside SOLID keyboard for phone numbers.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions