PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   internet while roaming (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=133381)

ruffems 09-09-2010 07:54 PM

internet while roaming

I have the mighty rom custom rom.

My phone is on roam while I'm in the basement of my office and that is where I am working.

If I use the wireless router for the ROM and the phone is set to roam will it even be possible to surf?

What would the costs be if I tried to internet while roaming? Will it affect my bill by surfing while roaming?

boredandtattooed 09-15-2010 02:36 PM

Re: internet while roaming

sure itll work... but just a warning, Sprint has a fine print in you user agreemeant that says if you use over 200MB of Data while roaming - they may terminate your contract out right..... people have actually used this rule to get booted out of contract to avoid ETF fees...

Im sure you have to do it more than one time for them to get upset over it... but you certainly dont have to worry about any charges.. your data is included and so is roaming... only thing sprint could do is cancel you if you go over that 200MB mark, but like i said-I doubt theyd do it unless it was reoccouring...

Your office doesnt have wifi?? you could just connect to the office wifi and use that and then you dont have to worry about anything

2 Bunny 09-15-2010 03:50 PM

IMO Reply

First off, if you've got a wireless router, forget cellular data. My home lacks signal for the most part, so I don't even have the CDMA radio on here, just when I'm out an' about. Secondly, the only places Sprint lacks service that you would be roaming is Verizon, and when there is no sprint, usually it is just a 1xrTT area, so you will struggle to load even the smallest pages, not to mention it'll cost a lot more if you aren't on Boost Mobile.

- 2 Bunny

Stone Cold 10-12-2010 11:52 AM

Get yourself a billion dollars and hire nasa to put your own special satellite in orbit

gerryalton 10-15-2010 06:55 AM

I really like this site.
With the amounts of info that it has posted here I will be sure to come back to it.
This post in particular I found very informative. I am sure that

GirlGoneGeek 10-16-2010 03:42 PM

glad to see questions being answered :) remember to hit the thanks button if you have been helped ;)

welcome gerryalton btw :)

2 Bunny 10-17-2010 12:41 PM

SORRY I COULDN'T RESIST Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boby Lashly (Post 1975387)
Go to "start".."run"..type in msconfig then click on "startup"..uncheck anything slowing your system down then click on "Services" and do the same...then you'll have to reboot...when system reboots it will prompt you about the changes you made...just check the box on the bottom left side saying..."don't show this message again"..

And how many people have a link labeled "run" on their Windows Mobile devices? :rr:

- 2 Bunny