PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma
Rom cooking question

hey everyone i am hoping i can get some help with this. I have been toying around with diamond/touch pro2 kitchens for a while and have what i feel are some pretty nice, stable roms. I intend on releasing them since after my newest tweaks i am no longer considering them beta. One thing I am having trouble with is how do i cook my own custom welcomhead.192.png into the rom? I have been searching to no avail. All help is appreciated.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work
Re: Rom cooking question

I could be crazy but I think you just make the image in the correct size, make sure it has the correct filename (remember the e in welcome lol), and stick it in the \Windows folder. The phone should automatically load it. I'm lazy to search but the path to it is somewhere in the registry I believe.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

patheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good workpatheticpuma is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to patheticpuma

thats how ive been doing it after the rom is flashed, i am trying to do it from the kitchen so my splash screen is part of the nbh file.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

I gotta be honest, never cooked a rom. But I can google pretty good :P This looks like what you're looking for, but if not... my bad.

http://www.pocketpc-live.com/pocket-...sh-screen.html
Old 09-09-2010, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by patheticpuma View Post
hey everyone i am hoping i can get some help with this. I have been toying around with diamond/touch pro2 kitchens for a while and have what i feel are some pretty nice, stable roms. I intend on releasing them since after my newest tweaks i am no longer considering them beta. One thing I am having trouble with is how do i cook my own custom welcomhead.192.png into the rom? I have been searching to no avail. All help is appreciated.
All you have to do is make an OEM EXT package for the welcomehead.192.png

What I just do with it is I drop the welcomehead.192.png into my personal OEM package that I made for myself which includes all of my personal reg tweaks, provision files, and other misc files.

Btw which kitchen are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedo View Post
I gotta be honest, never cooked a rom. But I can google pretty good :P This looks like what you're looking for, but if not... my bad.

http://www.pocketpc-live.com/pocket-pc/splash-screen.html
That link isn't for incorporating welcomehead.192.png into a ROM. Thats instructions for the 1st splash screen you'd see when starting a device, which by the way can be flashed separatly from your main ROM.

Last edited by Relic; 09-09-2010 at 11:29 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

My bad, I shoulda noticed the difference. Thanks for clearing it up. I'm curious myself, what's a good tutorial link to follow about OEM/EXT packages?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions