PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   SMS's notifications failure (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132205)

jabson 08-24-2010 10:41 AM

SMS's notifications failure

I am throwing this out to anyone, at the best websites for these issues.

Let me start with this, awhile ago, I installed the latest HTC Messaging client. It worked great, except I couldn't get MMS's, so I uninstalled it. Now I get texts and MMS's just fine.

BUT..Isn't there always!

My unread text counters only work in the top bar (its actually just the bubble) and the lock screen. When I tap the bubble, it indicates that I have unread messages. I do get my usual notification via sound and vibrate.

I have checked Sense 2.5, ThrottleLauncher, iPhoneToday, Infinity, Point UI, etc, but none of them regester any unread texts.

I am running an HTC Imagio WVGA with WM6.5 all on a NRG Sense 2.5 custom ROM.

So, I checked the following:
HKCU/System/State/Messages/SMS/Unread and the 'count' register. When I send a test text, it doesn't change, it stays at 0. BUT when I change it manually to '1', then it registers in all my systems (TL, iPT, Sense 2.5, etc).

But when I remove the '1', its back to where no notifications other than in the top bar and lock screen are given.
So, does anyone have any idea on why it works for the lock screen and top bar, but not in sense or any other UI?

Relic 08-24-2010 08:16 PM

Re: SMS's notifications failure

How about reinstalling Arcsoft Messaging Client, hopefully it'll fix your problem.

As for HTC's Messaging Client, I have the same issue mms doesn't work. But actually just stumbled opon this for the fix, going to try it tonight.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111559

jabson 08-25-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic (Post 1922689)
How about reinstalling Arcsoft Messaging Client, hopefully it'll fix your problem.

As for HTC's Messaging Client, I have the same issue mms doesn't work. But actually just stumbled opon this for the fix, going to try it tonight.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=111559

PLEASE let me know how it goes! And Arcsoft Messaging Client, is that the stock client that is on my phone? I would hate to reinstall something that was never there, only to loose my SMS capabilites. The wife and I text back and forth alot, so can't loose that!

Relic 08-25-2010 05:16 PM

I did try the mms fix, now it works great! So I even incoporated it into my ROM.

Yeah Arcsoft is the default mms client on stock ROMS, which HTC has been using on their devices since their begining.

And to tell you the truth when I made my ROM I left out Arcsoft client all together, I only kept HTC's Client in... & it works as it should.

jabson 08-26-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic (Post 1923748)
I did try the mms fix, now it works great! So I even incoporated it into my ROM.

Yeah Arcsoft is the default mms client on stock ROMS, which HTC has been using on their devices since their begining.

And to tell you the truth when I made my ROM I left out Arcsoft client all together, I only kept HTC's Client in... & it works as it should.

Im not sure if that is the issue. I can send and recieve both MMS and SMS without any problem. The issue is that the notifications only show up as a bubble in the top bar, and in my lock screen. But no where else, including Sense.

Will reinstalling the ArcSoft client (MMS only?) fix my MMS and SMS notification issue?

Relic 08-27-2010 01:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jabson (Post 1924945)
Im not sure if that is the issue. I can send and recieve both MMS and SMS without any problem. The issue is that the notifications only show up as a bubble in the top bar, and in my lock screen. But no where else, including Sense.

Will reinstalling the ArcSoft client (MMS only?) fix my MMS and SMS notification issue?

The notification area shows a bubble when there is no more room for it to appear (usaually this happens when you have BT Icon up there). So in other words a bubble is telling you there are more notifications, but I know you probably already knew that, I figure I just clear that out of the way just in case.

Now if you tapped the top task bar (where the notifications are) HTC's Notification window should pop up showing all of you notifications. Does you sms/mms notifications show up?

I am not sure why sense isn't also showing a count of your messages. Maybe when you un-installed HTC's Client it broke the way it shows notifications.

Damn I think I used the word "notification" 7 times in this post oops make that 8 times..lol

Just in case you want to try it, I cabbed up the Arcsoft client.

jabson 08-27-2010 07:03 PM

Yea, when I click on the top bar, it shows the individual notifications, and it does show missed call icon, text icon, etc in the top bar. I will give this a go, and see what happens.

By the way, just want to say thanks. I posted this same question in two areas over at XDA, and got my ars kicked and both threads closed because of it. Those guys were pretty nice, until now. At least here people are still willing to at least give you a shot at correcting an issue.

Will try and let you know how it goes before the weekend gets too long!

jabson 08-31-2010 10:31 AM

Failure Fixed

Actually, before I could install the Arksoft, I had the system lock up big time, and had to do a hard reset. That fixed the SMS notification issue as well, so even though I didn't get to use it, thanks for the advice!

Relic 08-31-2010 08:20 PM

Re: Failure Fixed

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabson (Post 1929952)
Actually, before I could install the Arksoft, I had the system lock up big time, and had to do a hard reset. That fixed the SMS notification issue as well, so even though I didn't get to use it, thanks for the advice!

Wow sorry you had to do a hard reset to fix it.....its funny we all have to hard reset more often than we want to.

And your welcome. sorry you had no luck over at XDA..either