PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nermel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Clear Channel Streams

thestreamcenter.com's mobile site isn't loading streams from stations owned by Clear Channel anymore (KEGL, KFI, KBRU, etc). Has anyone had any luck finding another way to listen to CC streams on a windows mobile device? I'm tempted to pay for Kinoma Play, but it references tuned.mobi/thestreamcenter and I'm afraid they may not work there anymore either.

This is very frustrating - any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Clear Channel Streams

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermel View Post
thestreamcenter.com's mobile site isn't loading streams from stations owned by Clear Channel anymore (KEGL, KFI, KBRU, etc). Has anyone had any luck finding another way to listen to CC streams on a windows mobile device? I'm tempted to pay for Kinoma Play, but it references tuned.mobi/thestreamcenter and I'm afraid they may not work there anymore either.

This is very frustrating - any help would be appreciated.
since the good kinoma app is pay for maybe they can use cc using thestreamcenter. charels kinoma is a member here, pm him and ask.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: SPrint

tecnho mike is a n00b

I can tell you how to do it. there a a few solutions. Some stations are offered directly through Radiotime.com otherwise they have every show imaginable. They also havea mobile interface but that is tedious (details on that at the end) The best soltuion I've found is:

Stations: If you want a station itself and they do not boadcast from their own site in straight WMP then look on radiotime.com. If the have the windows logo sign then it is likely possible. BUT you have to enter in their mobile stream access which is:
http://wma.radiotime.com/Stream.asx?...tationId=12345 into browser or into WMP>Library>Open URL . Then you need to find the station's ID which can be found by scrolling over the Station link at radiotime.com and substitue it for the 12345 above. If they have a WMP stream it will work if not see below.

Shows: However if you are looking for a certain show then you want to find a station with that show and try that station id like above during the broadcast. Sometimes I check a few but generally if thay have a windows logo next to the station it streams on WMP.

In cases where you want to listen to a station and above does not work then you can download URL Hunter (links below)and run the live stream from the stations website. It will find the actual URL wich can be pretty long. Genreally I copy this into a word doc onto my SD card then click on the link from my phone and it works. Sometimes I need to replace the link with HTTP instead of rttp. However these streams have an authorization which can time out after a day or so. Then you have to sniff out a new url with an updated authorization.

It is sometimes not as easy but it works. Radiotime is pretty good. They actually ave a mobile interface but it is GAY: http://radiotime.com/mobile/index.aspx you can try and look up stations on your mobile but the interface is so stupid that it is easier to enter that inerface into your PC browser and search to see what stations they have. What I find is that it doesn't have them all listed for sure. That is why I offered the steps above.

URL Hunter is at http://mini-stream.net/url-hunter/ It has a free trial that works for these purposes. It does not seem to have any adverse effects on my computer. I did have some problems running it on Vista not sure onthat. But no malware spyware that I have experienced
lurking raisin smuggler!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

If the stream is a .pls file TCPMP will play it fine.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

nermel is a n00b

I was finally able to load clear channel streams! I stumbled upon it here: https://forum.reciva.com/read.php?4,53587

basically the format for hearing CC streams is: http://primary.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/...d=st&IID=12036

Just substitute ktrh.com for the website of whatever clear channel station you want to hear.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nermel View Post
I was finally able to load clear channel streams! I stumbled upon it here: https://forum.reciva.com/read.php?4,53587

basically the format for hearing CC streams is: http://primary.vtuner.com/vtunerweb/...d=st&IID=12036

Just substitute ktrh.com for the website of whatever clear channel station you want to hear.
thanks... you know have rep
Old 09-01-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC:
Carrier:

Dude111 is keeping up the good workDude111 is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up

THIS IS K-RAD!!

Clear channel doesnt care if someone cant listen to thier FLASH CRAP and it truly is sad!!

There is 1 stream though I AM DESPERATE to get to and this wont work on it!! (Its an internet only stream )

http://iheartradio.com/cc-common/ondemand/player2.html?world=st&stream_id=3793

This comes from www.slowjams.com

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FIGURE THIS STREAM OUT FOR ME??

Ever since CC went to this crap,i havent been able to listen!!

They are the most UNFRIENDLY PEOPLE i have ever tried to deal with!!

Thank you very much

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Tags
clear channel, iheartradio, streaming