PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro
Carrier: sprint

mattarmstrong is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do I do this or where do I find directions

Here we go this is a long shot but I have an idea. I have a htc touch diamond a non working htc G1 and a palm treo pro. I also have a full G1 replacement case. What I would like to do is take the diamonds internals allready upgraded to wm 6.5 add to G1's ram and rom to double ram and rom and find a way to tie in both 528 mhz processors to have a dual processor phon for blazing fast speeds and add the treo pros memory card slot or use the G1's memory card slot for a 4gb internal and up to 32gb microsd. So I want to build a phone. Does anyone know how to do this is it even possible are there any tutorials on the web. Cant wait to hear back I am a tech newbie I am a firefighter paramedic we destroy things usually not build...lol But this has been on the back of my mind for months now. I would somehow use the diamonds esn its clean and a sprint esn and I am on sprint.

matt
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: how do I do this or where do I find directions

LOL no way find a better phone and get your specs that way.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo pro
Threadstarter

mattarmstrong is a n00b

There has got to be a way. I know htc components will be compatible with other htc componets. I guess i need to find schematics of some sort
Old 08-28-2010, 03:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2

creedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good workcreedo is keeping up the good work

No offense but it's not as simple as spending a few minutes with a soldering iron to rope together a few chunks of plastic and circuit boards. This requires the machines that make the circuit boards. And the programming knowledge to rewrite the phone's operating system to tell it to take advantage of multiple processors and the extra ram and rom.

This is the kind of thing where if you were smart enough to build your own television literally from scratch, you still wouldn't be halfway smart enough.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions