PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 12:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

eric3938 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WAREZ Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesius View Post
Correct me plz, but isn't WM actually just being replaced by Phone 7 ? so its not like Microsoft is getting out of the mobile game, right?
Yes WM is being replaced by Windows Phone 7. Correct, this does not mean Microsoft is getting out of the mobile business. However, WP is a completely new OS built from the ground up, not simply an upgrade to WM renamed to WP. This means that all of the apps written to run on WM phones will not be usable on a WP phone.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: You, Me, Companies that don't really care, and Warez!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
so u just bought software that according to the website last saw an update in 2007 and your mad because you just figured out that they are not updating it.

look at the supported device lineup the have for XT, if that didnt give away that its one year older then dirt then i dont know what will.
So your assuming that I JUST bought this software, being aware that they where not supporting it?
No I bought this software a few years ago, back when they ADVERTISED that it would be updated for an affordable price, they added Google search, but never did update the maps so I kind of feel suckered, as I stated in a couple of posts that Garmin is just an example, did you read all of the posts? It just amazes me that some of us talk about supporting software developers, not pirating their work, which I happen to agree with, but it does not seam to go both ways, I don't care if it is garmin or whoever, if you buy software, expencive software that is advertized to be updated, it should be updated, atleast long enough to get a persons money worth?
Terry
Old 08-29-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: WAREZ Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3938 View Post
Yes WM is being replaced by Windows Phone 7. Correct, this does not mean Microsoft is getting out of the mobile business. However, WP is a completely new OS built from the ground up, not simply an upgrade to WM renamed to WP. This means that all of the apps written to run on WM phones will not be usable on a WP phone.
I know, it seams like th only business phone developer that has pretty much stayed true to what works, and what made them popular is RIM and their black berrys.
I also can't believe how phone like the iPhone have completely taken over, I have an iPod touch, as a business device these things are clunky in my opinion, I cannot see myself trying to use one, atleast there are a few companies making Android phones with sliding keyboards, but calendar and contacts is still an issue, I am not sure if there are any affordable desktop programs that will work with Android calendar and contacts.
Terry
Old 08-29-2010, 01:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: USCC

eric3938 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Can't Android sync with a Google account?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Unhappy CULTURAL Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
I know, it seams like th only business phone developer that has pretty much stayed true to what works, and what made them popular is RIM and their black berrys.
I also can't believe how phone like the iPhone have completely taken over, I have an iPod touch, as a business device these things are clunky in my opinion, I cannot see myself trying to use one, atleast there are a few companies making Android phones with sliding keyboards, but calendar and contacts is still an issue, I am not sure if there are any affordable desktop programs that will work with Android calendar and contacts.
Terry
That's a good observation how something so ridiculous as the devices apple creates succeed. They've managed to undo years of progress in such a short time. Three years. We started out with QVGA screens and a pretty good interface. Now we have VGA, and now that larger resolution on the new Apple Phone 4, and it is wasted so badly. With less than a fifth the screen, we were able to do five times as much. And the sad part is that we let it influence culture and devices as we know it. Even our classy Windows Mobile 6 devices have toilet paper scrolling to some degree and inefficiency of the UI further developed. I can do almost anything a stylus can do with the edge of my thumb. This is why I like smaller buttons and normal scrolling.
Many of you still browse PPCGeeks on a desktop (I hope some do at least). Notice how the way to scroll a page taller than your monitor is to either use that little wheel on your mouse, or grab the slider on the side of the page (not that slider from WinMo...). There is very little (if any) toilet paper scrolling anywhere in Windows, and it is still a popular operating system. Apple completely took over the world as we knew it and dumbed down our devices to a pre 1980s level of stupidity with a 2010 level of processing power. Just makes you take a breath, step back, and say, "wow".

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-29-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3938 View Post
Can't Android sync with a Google account?
Consiering that it is a Google device I would say yes, but if you use your desktop to handle appointments on a regular basis and you loose your internet your out of a calendar until it comes back on, I have my Intrepid set up to sync with Google, but I also sync it with Outlook, I thought it would be so nice to just sync with Google calendar then I could access it on any computer any where, my wife was doing appointments and lost the internet, talk about frustrating, I would never rely soley on the cloud for syncing, and calendaring.
Terry
Old 08-30-2010, 11:11 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

maybe you shoulda gone with a free alternative, honestly I'll take Android navigation over garmin any day.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:47 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
So do these companies deserve the respect that we would give a company that honors their product, and implied future of that product?
It's not about respect. It's about the law. Even if you totally disrespect Sears, you can't just take a riding lawnmower home.

Seriously. Respect? You need to respect someone to not steal from them? When the hell did that happen?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
It's not about respect. It's about the law. Even if you totally disrespect Sears, you can't just take a riding lawnmower home.

Seriously. Respect? You need to respect someone to not steal from them? When the hell did that happen?
Actualy I think you misunderstood, and I can see how that could happen, but I think I made it clear that I don't steel from these companies, but I am beginning to not respect any of them, weather I buy their software or not, I guess at least one good thing will come of WM going away so will some of these third rate developers, now don't go missunderstanding me again, I know Garmin will not go away!!!
Terry
Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
maybe you shoulda gone with a free alternative, honestly I'll take Android navigation over garmin any day.
Isn't Android Navigaton just Google maps? If so I would take Garmin over that, I like google maps for what it is, but there are a lot of missnamed streets, and business on the wrong street, wile I use google maps, you just cant rely on it giving you the correct street/address for where you want to go, but it is free, and they are working to improve it, but it is web based, I think I mentioned that I travel out of coverage areas a lot.
Terry
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions