PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2006, 01:54 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
I dunno but I will be checking it out later as Im at work right now....Ill let yall know what I find. But it does say
Quote:
This CE 6.0 Evaluation Toolkit includes the full functionality of the product, designed to run for 180 days. After 180 days you must uninstall the product, license the full product version of Windows Embedded CE 6.0, rerun setup, and follow the instructions. Projects started with the evaluation version can be ported to the full product version.
So this looks like it may just be the toolkit to develop for it.
~mike
It's not even that.

This is just the core kernal that Photon will eventualy run on but it has no "photon" features. It's just the base. These systems are used for mini-computers system, ATM machines, kiosks, special hand-held devices, etc.

You won't find one single thing about Photon or Windows Mobile in there. Zero. It can't even help people develop for WM 6.

You can read about Win CE systems here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_ce

But this is all very public knowledge. Trust me: Crossbow will come out when a device is released with it

And photon? Everyone is under NDA so you won't here jack about it for months and months...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Quote:
This free, downloadable version of the Evaluation Edition allows you to easily access the tools and board support package applicable to your device design so you can begin evaluating Windows Embedded CE 6.0 today.
Quote:
Windows Embedded CE 6.0 helps device makers be successful and provides developers with a complete portfolio of tested, selectable OS components. In addition CE 6.0 provides source code access and compatibility with several processor architectures.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
lol but what's the point?

This isn't Windows Mobile but rather the kernal system which forms the core.

Listen, play with this all you want but you won't get anything useful from it. MS is not putting the next-gen Windows Mobile on the web for anyone to download

Everyone really needs to sit down and read about how this stuff works!

It's not a secret either but has been all over the tech-news sites:

http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS2632317407.html
Old 12-05-2006, 02:12 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
I know its not secret heck its a 180 day trial, and I DONT know what it includes, u may be correct on it not being worth anything for WM but I will be looking into it, when I get to my desktop with MSVS on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions