PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG Lucid
Carrier: Verizon

ham31962 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question SciPhone i9

I have the ATT Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2) it works well, and kudos to all the hard working developers here at XDA, and other sites. Now that thats out of the way here is my question, problem. My brother gave me a Sciphone i9 for my birthday this year and said "here keep it see what you can do with it." Now I've heard that it is possible to change the os and firmware of it to winmo, iphone or even android. I've been searching threads and post to find any information on how to do this and have come up empty. So does anyone have any insight on this iclone it has dual sim cards. I've inserted my ATT sim into it and it works fine, I would like to use winmo or better os than the java thats on it. Hit me up if you can help a semi newbie.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: SciPhone i9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham31962 View Post
I have the ATT Tilt 2 (Touch Pro 2) it works well, and kudos to all the hard working developers here at XDA, and other sites. Now that thats out of the way here is my question, problem. My brother gave me a Sciphone i9 for my birthday this year and said "here keep it see what you can do with it." Now I've heard that it is possible to change the os and firmware of it to winmo, iphone or even android. I've been searching threads and post to find any information on how to do this and have come up empty. So does anyone have any insight on this iclone it has dual sim cards. I've inserted my ATT sim into it and it works fine, I would like to use winmo or better os than the java thats on it. Hit me up if you can help a semi newbie.

I'm pretty sure hte Sciphone runs windows mobile 6.1, with an iPhone-like UI on top to try to be an iPhone.

If you can unlock the SPL you could probably flash a 6.5 ROM on it, but I don't know of any devs who support that phone or if there is an HSPL compatible with it.

I doubt you would ever get Android on it because I don't know of any Android devs porting haret to the Sciphone.

You cannot get iOS to run on it because anyone who even started to think about considering porting iOS would get slapped with a lawsuit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ham31962 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: SciPhone i9

Thanks for the reply OrangeKid, The Sciphone N19 runs android, I heard and read that the Justice Dept just ruled on jailbreaking the Iphone now all you good guys can work without fear of lawsuits. Score one for the creative people in all the forums. If you build it they will donate.

Last edited by ham31962; 07-28-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Thanks for the reply OrangeKid, I heard and read that the Justice Dept just ruled on jailbreaking the Iphone now all you good guys can work without fear of lawsuits. Score one for the creative people in all the forums. If you build it they will donate.
Unlocking Yes, installing Pirated software no.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:47 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Thanks for the reply OrangeKid, The Sciphone N19 runs android, I heard and read that the Justice Dept just ruled on jailbreaking the Iphone now all you good guys can work without fear of lawsuits. Score one for the creative people in all the forums. If you build it they will donate.
iOS is still proprietary, i.e. the code is intellectual property of Apple. So you cannot port their software to another device, that would violate copyright law.

You can, however, root the Android and flash 2.2 if a dev is willing to make a ROM
Old 07-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ham31962 is a n00b

Thanks Wesley, I wasnt suggesting anything like that, besides Apple and Steve are tight butts. Would never try and take away anyones right to profit from their hard work.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ham31962 is a n00b

The twisted views and comments maked by the threadstarter are his own and should not be held against anyone answerer his novice questions or queries.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ham31962 is a n00b

Okay, since this thing is run win 6.1, I would like to know how to drill down to the spl to flash a 6.5 rom.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: tmobile

oreja105 is a n00b

i forgot where but i seen an i9 with winmo but it was definetly winmo6.1........thought that might help

Last edited by oreja105; 07-30-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Okay, since this thing is run win 6.1, I would like to know how to drill down to the spl to flash a 6.5 rom.
so it IS winmo after all?

I don't think there is an HSPL or custom ROMs for it, but you can google and see what you get.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions