PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 05:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Toshiba
Carrier: Vodafone

00smita is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon phone on Sprint?.

-->

Before I start, I LOVE the "Similar Threads We Found" feature implemented.

The last thing I found was from 2008 about this. Any update on this? I have a buddy with a crappy Spring phone. I wanna give him a Verizon Wireless phone. Can it be done yet?

Old 07-19-2010, 06:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon phone on Sprint?.

Short Answer: NO

(Unless either using an illegal method or you are friends with someone high up at sprint)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Sure if you have Tom Cruise skills and can break into there headquarters and into the server room and add your ESN..............

Otherwise nope

Old 07-21-2010, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Sure if you have Tom Cruise skills and can break into there headquarters and into the server room and add your ESN..............

Otherwise nope
If someone does this...Please make a full video so we all can see how it's done

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TPMJB is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00smita View Post
-->

Before I start, I LOVE the "Similar Threads We Found" feature implemented.

The last thing I found was from 2008 about this. Any update on this? I have a buddy with a crappy Spring phone. I wanna give him a Verizon Wireless phone. Can it be done yet?

It's quite easy to repair your ESN, though not necessarily free. CDMA workshop AFAIK is legal for this purpose, but will run $100. Other programs are available for free and require a degree to use to this end. Trust me, NOT easy.

So yeah, short answer is no, unless you want to pay money or do a LOT of research.

Edit: Also, when other members say illegal, they mean VERY illegal. Some deadbeats in the 90s decided it would be fun to not pay for cell service and steal an ESN to rack up thousands of dollars in phone bills. The gov made it very illegal, even though it has an incredibly legitimate purpose right now (I.E not paying 30/month for data when you have wifi built in and are never farther than 10ft from an access point).

/rant

Last edited by TPMJB; 07-22-2010 at 01:53 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Best advice here from what others are saying.

Go on ebay, list sprint phone, sell for top dollar (as most phones do on ebay), and buy a used Verizon phone, Now give phone to you friend. You have a Verizon phone now...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions