PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is winmo dying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
So just courious, why would you buy WP7 if you don't like the way it looks, or runs?
Why not just go with a "better" device like Android?
Terry
Ya well thats my delima, i love 6.5.X but with no developement its done. Android is looking good right now. I want to give 7 chance and actually play with a device but everything I am see doesnt look good. Right now I am 70% sure I am going to have to go andriod but who knows.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

Tmair is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Ya well thats my delima, i love 6.5.X but with no developement its done. Android is looking good right now. I want to give 7 chance and actually play with a device but everything I am see doesnt look good. Right now I am 70% sure I am going to have to go andriod but who knows.
Yes I have to agree I like WM 6.5, and I still can't believe they are just dropping this platform, and I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with 7, my way of thinking is Android is already out there, and maturing, with tons of apps, I know for me now that Docs to go has made a program for Android that will be the way I go when I need to replace my Intrepid.
Terry
Old 09-04-2010, 04:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
Yes I have to agree I like WM 6.5, and I still can't believe they are just dropping this platform, and I guess we will have to wait and see what happens with 7, my way of thinking is Android is already out there, and maturing, with tons of apps, I know for me now that Docs to go has made a program for Android that will be the way I go when I need to replace my Intrepid.
Terry
Seriously! I'm lost, i <3 6.5 overclocked custom roms. Android can do that. But, I really hope the WP7 hacking community cracks and unlocks the launch phones really fast hehe
Old 09-11-2010, 07:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
How is the HD2 inferior? The only thing the iPhone has over is is the front facing camera & a slightly higher-res display. Not trying to argue, just curious where you get that perspective from.
Sorry I was away the entire week.

advantages of the iphone: (This will be purely technology wise so I will avoid preferences)

better screen resolution
better camera sensor
Gyroscope
Better and more efficient 45nm CPU (I'm not sure if its udnerclocked though..not sure)
Better GPU

Don't get me wrong the HD2 is a nice device, I wish my TP2 has a snapdragon..it should have :/..

but it sucks when a dumb phone beats a smartphone hardware wise

Any time someone uses the saying that their smartphone has better hardware then an iphone it makes feel embarrassed as it is not the case :/

At the moment the only device with equal/superior hardware is the Galaxy S Phones..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 09-12-2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

xizzmatt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Windows Mobile is slowly dying, and as soon as Windows Phone 7 comes out it will be.
I along with many others will be taking the plunge to Android. The only good thing is the new hardware on the series. Good luck Microsoft, you'll need it.

Last edited by xizzmatt; 09-12-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

wp7 will not help microsoft in the long run. i bet $$ android will be ported to those devices in no time flat. i used to be a winmo user but i gave up a year ago.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions