PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is winmo dying?

I agree. The Evo is faster and that is it. Stable? My TP2 is stable. I up'd to 2.2 on my Evo and the first alarm of the day cannot be dismissed (using the default clock) - the dismiss screen is not displayed; alarms after that can be dismissed because the dismiss screen is displayed.

Bluetooth? What a joke.

Cruising the device via Bluetooth? What a joke.

Cruising the device via sync? What a joke.

Faster? That is it. Faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Just out of wonder, is your opinion based on anything?

Having had just about every WM Phone on Sprint, and a few Pocket PC's, I'm pretty familiar with what WM offers. I've used the crap out of WM, and I haven't yet found anything that my TP2 does that my Evo can't.

I'm always curious what these types of opinions are founded on.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So what is 6.5.X supposed to be? They have working on that for a year and still nothing?

WP7 is so completely retardedly gay it boggles my mind. Its driving me nuts to be holding a phone (Tp2) knowing there will be no more software or updates.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post IMO Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
So what is 6.5.X supposed to be? They have working on that for a year and still nothing?

WP7 is so completely retardedly gay it boggles my mind. Its driving me nuts to be holding a phone (Tp2) knowing there will be no more software or updates.
True; but the fact of the matter is MS looked on the other side of the fence and said, "wow, we could dump this old smartphone market and move into the realm of "app" based dumbphones". Money is more important to microsoft than people, so guess what got dropped...

Although, the future is a really good question. Android looks cool and promising, but too huge of buttons and too much toilet paper scrolling to me. Other than that its fine.

Back to Windows Mobile though. If you think about it, Windows Mobile was at its peak when they discontinued it. Windows Mobile 6.1 was great, and they started a downhill descent with WM6.5. Thankfully, they buried this before it became a major issue. Maybe it was for the better. We can still use WM6.1 for a few more years before it becomes "obsolete big time", so its not like we don't have to rush to jump ship or anything, but it will need to becomea priority someday.

IMO.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Just out of wonder, is your opinion based on anything?

Having had just about every WM Phone on Sprint, and a few Pocket PC's, I'm pretty familiar with what WM offers. I've used the crap out of WM, and I haven't yet found anything that my TP2 does that my Evo can't.

I'm always curious what these types of opinions are founded on.
no hes complaining bout nothing, some ppl are just still in denial its a big loss for them, so they'll say anything like complain about bugs on an un-official release of software....WM is dead..u can still use it but its dead..
Old 08-12-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work

can someone give me a straight forward answer. did really M$ say that they will discontinue windows mobile?
Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alher591 View Post
can someone give me a straight forward answer. did really M$ say that they will discontinue windows mobile?
Here is the exact answer..Windows Mobile got merged into the Windows Embedded tree...it will still be developed by M$...BUT it will not end up in a consumer product...it will only be used by businesses.

While some phones will come out, these phones will not have any decent specs and most likely never be CDMA..neither will developers continue making consumer software for it...it will be strictly for business....

That is the answer.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-12-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
I agree. The Evo is faster and that is it. Stable? My TP2 is stable. I up'd to 2.2 on my Evo and the first alarm of the day cannot be dismissed (using the default clock) - the dismiss screen is not displayed; alarms after that can be dismissed because the dismiss screen is displayed.

Bluetooth? What a joke.

Cruising the device via Bluetooth? What a joke.

Cruising the device via sync? What a joke.

Faster? That is it. Faster.
Sound's like you got a bad apple... My Evo blows my TP2 away in every way, shape, and form... Faster, does tons more, is upgraded in every (camera, screen, multitouch, etc), it syncs better, bluetooth works awesome, and of course can we not forget 4G..!!

Old 08-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Lurker

bcollier is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Gotta get in on this one. Yeah, WinMo is pretty much done. And it's ms' fault entirely. The pc marketing model that worked w/ PDAs (let the mfgr promote the devices & thus the o/s), didn't translate well at all w/ the move to telcoms. The telcoms worked WinMo over! Handset mfgrs w/ a few exceptions put the o/s on under powered crap. And ms could've prevented all that. They blew by Palm and lost focus. By the time htc started turning out decent to stellar handsets it was to late. So where are we? 2007 ms gets it's ass handed to them by a really neat FEATURE! phone. Unbelivable! I own the Imagio. Screen more responsive than my old Dell Axim X50v (ppc 2003SE). I'm havin' a blast with it. As a previous poster expressed: sad to know this is the end. HD2 needn't be the last hurrah. Just sad.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Just want to thank microsoft again for abandoning wm6.5 so that they insure developers quit making software or switch to android such that folks like me who have used wm for years are dead in the water and are forced to go android to get a decent upgrade.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid

Tmair is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Just want to thank microsoft again for abandoning wm6.5 so that they insure developers quit making software or switch to android such that folks like me who have used wm for years are dead in the water and are forced to go android to get a decent upgrade.
Yes no kidding!!!
Some one mentioned that MS would continue to make real PDAs for business' only, dumb asses, I am a small business owner, way small I can't afford to buy special phones, but I need a real phone/PDA for my work, I am so sick of these wanabe PDAs like Android, iPhone, and Windows!!!
Terry

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions