PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6800
Carrier: Alltel

westwood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Alltel Automated Playback Problem

I have an ongoing problem with my Alltel Voice Mail. It started, possibly a coincidence, on August 1st when they took over Midwest Wireless. At that time I had a PPC6700 and my wife had an LG4400. They had us switch to the new PPC6800's and still, on either phone if you used the automatic playback option whereby when you call in the messages will play automatically, when you hit 5 to delete - it should delete the message indicator on your phone screen. Ours will not. In my many discussions with Alltel they would reset our voice mail which meant that you had to go in and re-record your messages, etc.. When that was done it puts all your Voicemail items to the default settings and in that mode you have to dial 1 to play your messages. If you leave it in that mode it will delete the voice mail indicator. If you switch it back to automatic playback mode, it will not delete the indicator.

I have spent probably hours on the phone with Alltel and their techs to no avail. Even after I tracked the problem down to the Automatic Playback mode. Does anyone have any inside track with someone at Alltel that can fix this? We had excellent service from Midwest Wireless, but now it's like they don't care!

Westwood
Southern Minnesota
Old 11-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
www.callwave.net

Check them out, Free 3rd party voicemail solution. Plenty of options, you can have your voicemail converted to text and sent via sms to your phone. SMS notification, Email notification, listen to your voicemail on your PC.

I will never go back to Alltels voicemail system.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions