PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How often do you change your Screen protector?

Title says it all, just curious how often you change your screen protectors. My Treo 700wx I installed the one that came with it and used it for almost 3 years, my Touch Pro 2 I installed one 6 months ago and just changed it because I had a hair under it and could not take it any more. the replacement one I put on I don't ever see coming off unless something drastic happens.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work
Re: How often do you change your Screen protector?

I have had an el cheapo screen protector on my Moto Q9C for almost two years. There's dust under it and stuff around the edges..but it's never coming off unless, as you said, something drastic happens.

If I end up getting the HTC TP2 I'll probably put on a ZAGG InvisiShield and leave it on there forever.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

I changed my TP2 protector about 2 months after I had put the original Sprint one on back in November, only because I put it on crooked. Still using the same Chinese .99 one since.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I've been buying the same one off Ebay for 6 months now, for like $1.89 it works good, but the edges come off from going in and out of my pocket. I would say I replace it every two months or so.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sony
Carrier: vodaphone

jefcully is a n00b
Smile Re: How often do you change your Screen protector?

This depend on the use of the phone as well as how much you take care of it, Usually people change it every six month or so, but i last change it about a year ago...how about this?
Old 08-14-2010, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

still using the same screen protector from last time i posted in this thread lol
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Never. I figure it will get messed up and until it gets necessary, there are other things to tinker with and break.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i decided to stop using screen protectors, mostly cause everytime I put one on my phone, the phone would die and they would send me a refurbed one, 7 phones later, I gave up.

however on something reliable like my ipod touch, I usually go about 1 year and half
Old 11-14-2010, 04:35 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I have had the same invisishield protector for over a year now. Whenever it gets heavy scratches, just hit it with the hair dryer and they "melt" away.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 11-18-2010, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
I have had the same invisishield protector for over a year now. Whenever it gets heavy scratches, just hit it with the hair dryer and they "melt" away.
I also bought the invisashield from Zagg. Expensive but well worth it! I never get heavy scratches on it to need the hair dryer...but thanks for that tip. And before i purchased the invashield I used to change it about every 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
i decided to stop using screen protectors, mostly cause everytime I put one on my phone, the phone would die and they would send me a refurbed one, 7 phones later, I gave up.
I not even sure how a screen protector makes your phone die. And every single device I have ever owned never needed to be replaced. But I guess I was lucky to received reliable devices.
But than again I baby my devices.....including tucking in in at night.....haha

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions