PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How often do you change your Screen protector? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125900)

Wesley762 06-20-2010 09:29 PM

How often do you change your Screen protector?

Title says it all, just curious how often you change your screen protectors. My Treo 700wx I installed the one that came with it and used it for almost 3 years, my Touch Pro 2 I installed one 6 months ago and just changed it because I had a hair under it and could not take it any more. the replacement one I put on I don't ever see coming off unless something drastic happens.

Counterfeit 06-22-2010 03:34 PM

Re: How often do you change your Screen protector?

I have had an el cheapo screen protector on my Moto Q9C for almost two years. There's dust under it and stuff around the edges..but it's never coming off unless, as you said, something drastic happens.

If I end up getting the HTC TP2 I'll probably put on a ZAGG InvisiShield and leave it on there forever.

popdog54 06-22-2010 05:20 PM

I changed my TP2 protector about 2 months after I had put the original Sprint one on back in November, only because I put it on crooked. Still using the same Chinese .99 one since.

matchstickredgti 06-23-2010 08:52 PM

I've been buying the same one off Ebay for 6 months now, for like $1.89 it works good, but the edges come off from going in and out of my pocket. I would say I replace it every two months or so.

jefcully 08-13-2010 01:49 PM

This depend on the use of the phone as well as how much you take care of it, Usually people change it every six month or so, but i last change it about a year ago...how about this?

matchstickredgti 08-14-2010 02:02 AM

still using the same screen protector from last time i posted in this thread lol

BenC 08-18-2010 12:33 PM

Never. I figure it will get messed up and until it gets necessary, there are other things to tinker with and break.

violent31601 10-11-2010 06:37 PM

i decided to stop using screen protectors, mostly cause everytime I put one on my phone, the phone would die and they would send me a refurbed one, 7 phones later, I gave up.

however on something reliable like my ipod touch, I usually go about 1 year and half

BooDaddy 11-14-2010 04:35 PM

I have had the same invisishield protector for over a year now. Whenever it gets heavy scratches, just hit it with the hair dryer and they "melt" away.

Relic 11-18-2010 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BooDaddy (Post 1995327)
I have had the same invisishield protector for over a year now. Whenever it gets heavy scratches, just hit it with the hair dryer and they "melt" away.

I also bought the invisashield from Zagg. Expensive but well worth it! I never get heavy scratches on it to need the hair dryer...but thanks for that tip. And before i purchased the invashield I used to change it about every 2 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by violent31601 (Post 1971299)
i decided to stop using screen protectors, mostly cause everytime I put one on my phone, the phone would die and they would send me a refurbed one, 7 phones later, I gave up.

I not even sure how a screen protector makes your phone die. And every single device I have ever owned never needed to be replaced. But I guess I was lucky to received reliable devices.
But than again I baby my devices.....including tucking in in at night.....haha