PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for a change

I have had the same smartphone ever since I started using one and I am looking for a change.

I started out with the XV6700, The Mogul, and now the HTC Touch Pro. I have loved using every single one of them. Though I still love this phone, I need a change.

Any suggestion?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:54 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Looking for a change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
I have had the same smartphone ever since I started using one and I am looking for a change.

I started out with the XV6700, The Mogul, and now the HTC Touch Pro. I have loved using every single one of them. Though I still love this phone, I need a change.

Any suggestion?
IF your on a new plan probably the EVO..or Samsung has a 4g phone with android planned over the summer(hopefully with a keyboard)...

If you don't want android the best phone now is probably the Touch Pro 2...and if swapping service and no keyboard the HD2...

In fall is when HTC with WP7 will come out supposedly with wimax...

so what exactly are you looking for? what complaints or what do you wish to improve with what you have now?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

My complaints so with my current and ex-phones is really speed. Flashing custom roms does not really help with the speed. Some chefs do some pretty amazing job but speed has always been an issue with me.

I am also tired of Windows phone and I would like something new. I am seriously considering android.

I want my keyboard, but I am willing to try something new. Also 'cause the way I see it is that keyboards will ultimately be done away with so I might as well get used to it now.

I am currently on the SERO plan. The EVO sounds good but wouldn't it require that I change my current plan (which i do not want to do)?
Old 06-11-2010, 01:13 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
My complaints so with my current and ex-phones is really speed. Flashing custom roms does not really help with the speed. Some chefs do some pretty amazing job but speed has always been an issue with me.

I am also tired of Windows phone and I would like something new. I am seriously considering android.

I want my keyboard, but I am willing to try something new. Also 'cause the way I see it is that keyboards will ultimately be done away with so I might as well get used to it now.

I am currently on the SERO plan. The EVO sounds good but wouldn't it require that I change my current plan (which i do not want to do)?
My guess is samsung will have a keyboard phone with 4g with android but they would definitely ask you swap plans..and probably their new 10$ fee..

Also sprint wont let SERO have android phones ever..that is their policy...

your option now would probably be a TP2..it works on SERO and is probably the best one for SERO now..I wouldn't say its completely lag free but it is a lot smoother then a TP...You can get a used one for around 150$-200$ if you look around...

There is also an Android port going for the TP2..Though the original TP probably has a better Android port you really start appreciating the TP2 screen size and TP2 has a dedicated number row...

So I'd say a TP2 would fit you best.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I don't mind the TP2 as long as I am not paying for it. And even if I do get it without paying for it, I know I will want to get rid of it after a few use. It's just not what I am looking for. It's the same line of the same phone. It's probably the reason why I haven't gotten it yet.

I did not know I'd have to say goodbye to sero for an Android phone. I guess it's time I consider leaving my sero.

I just spoke with a Sprint Rep and the minimum I would pay for the EVO would be 69.99 + 10 before tax.

I will have to give this some thought.

The Moment by Samsung looks promising and I am considering getting that for the wife.

Last edited by Aloupha; 06-11-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I don't mind the TP2 as long as I am not paying for it. And even if I do get it without paying for it, I know I will want to get rid of it after a few use. It's just not what I am looking for. It's the same line of the same phone. It's probably the reason why I haven't gotten it yet.

I did not know I'd have to say goodbye to sero for an Android phone. I guess it's time I consider leaving my sero.

I just spoke with a Sprint Rep and the minimum I would pay for the EVO would be 69.99 + 10 before tax.

I will have to give this some thought.
Well a TP2 isnt really an improvement over a TP as it is what a TP should have been in the first place...aka they fix most of the issues that plagued the TP.

That said if your gonna go EVO..you can get an EDRP plan and/or business discount for cheaper and dont just give up your sero..contact sprint and have them give you the 20/24 thing which is $20 off your bill for 24 month for getting rid of your sero.

You can also test drive an evo for 30 days on a new line and return it..or if keyboard is important and your not in a hurry there is what samsung plans to offer later this summer.

Edit:

If your looking at the samsung moment I would wait to see what samsung offers..if it is the Samsung Galaxy S pro, you and your wife I'm sure will be both happy...I know I will lol

Last edited by gTen; 06-11-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I would say if you are looking at a Moment, to wait just like gTen said. I had a Moment when it first came out, and honestly for the specs it isn't what it claims to be IMO. The screen was the only thing I didn't want to give up, it was beautiful. Keep in mind if you like the tweaking, flashing etc....an HTC device will be your best bet, as you couldn't do much beyond flashing Kernels for quite some time on the Moment. I know there is now custom ROMs and everything, but for the longest there was nothing and I would think Samsung will continue to make things touch as it progresses.

The on screen keyboards really aren't hard to use on Android. The capacitive screen makes all the difference in the world. Once I got used to it on the Pre, I could only use my TP2 for maybe a week before I couldn't stand it. Now with having a Hero, Moment, Droid (Moto) and now Evo I could never imagine going back to anything else. I wouldn't waste an upgrade credit or 200-250 on a TP2 unless you are dying to stick with WM and Sprint.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

the moment has really bad screen resolution, from a pro2 to a monent you're going from 800x480 to 320x480 although the screen is really nice like carla says.

I haven't used one extensively but per reports and some experience it does not perform like it has an 800mhz chip inside of it, I'd get an Evo honestly, if you just have to have a KB there's really nothing available for u right now
Old 06-25-2010, 11:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thank you all for responding. I went into a store to check out the Evo and so far it seems to be just the "change" I am looking for. I have decided that I will proceed with the EVO.

Now, my only concern is the pricey plans and the 10.00 fee. I have spoken with sprint and the best deal they can offer me right now is their 59.99 Plan. I inquired about the 20/24 and was told it had been discontinued for a few months now.

I looked through their business plans and they are not very good either. Any thoughts?

Ultimately, if nothing else comes up I will have to go with the 59.99+7.00+10 = 76.99 Plan.

I have given up on The Moment and decided to simply give my wife my Tough Pro when I get the Evo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions