PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can I stop downloading undelivered e-mails during Sync.

Hello all

I am trying to figure out how to stop my TP2 with the org ver of 6.1 from downloading undelivered e-mails from my e-mail server upon a sync.

I have both on my PC and TP2 set to only Sync the contacts and calendar. And I have made sure there are no extra accounts on either.

As well to mention this is happening with Active Sync on a XP system and Windows Mobile Device Center on a Win7 Utl 64 system that both of which are freshly build machines.

Thankfully as I have the account on my TP2 set to leave the messages on the sever, I do not loose any mail from my main PC's but its quite annoying to have to go into my inbox every time I do a sync if I have not yet been able to check my mail via my PC and delete all the e-mails from the TP2.

Plus if I don't have the mail box checked, this shouldn't be happen correct?

So if anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: How can I stop downloading undelivered e-mails during Sync.

which mail service?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: How can I stop downloading undelivered e-mails during Sync.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
which mail service?
I'm not quite sure what you mean but just to reply, I have my TP2 set to contact my standard POP server that I get all my e-mails from.

I don't have any other accounts or mail services such as Yahoo or Google.

Also btw I do not use Outlook as my e-mail client on my PC so I do not have a account for that set up on my PC.

Hopefully that is what you were asking.

Basically I am assuming that somehow during the sync, it is using my PC's internet connection to contact my mail server directly and downloads an mail that is there that is not marked "read" by it and then downloads it, again while still leaving a copy on the server thankfully.

I guess what I really need it to do is stop doing this every time it Sync's which I would have thought it wouldn't do if you don't have the mail as a option for something for the sync to check but apparently that either doesn't work that way even though you don't check it, or something is wrong.

Thanks again to any one for any help as with this being posted for several days now and no response, this seems to be a puzzler.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions