PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2006, 12:17 AM
Lurker

olddog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ppc 6700 extended batteries

On ebay I see extended batteries for the 6700 from about $5, with $5 shipping and up. Does anyone know if these batteries are any good? Or can anyone reccommend a cheap extended battery source? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Lurker

digitalhair is a n00b
have one...

while the extended battery will come in handy in certain situations, it's not practical to use on a daily basis for these reasons:

1. The phone, with the extended battery in use, won't fit into any case that I've seen.
2. You look like a dork hauling around your huge cod-piece of a phone.
3. Due to the problems just mentioned, you'll end up changing out the battery as much as you would if you carried around a 2nd or 3rd standard battery (I do this, and it works great).

However, for 10 bucks, it's totally worth it...
Old 12-10-2006, 02:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I think someone needs to search a little more.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...S&Category=819

And thank you for expressing your opinion, but their is no need for the childish name calling. For a few 6700 & ex-6700 owners (including myself) use/used these type batteries. For us it is a blessing to not have to change out batteries on the go, and to know you have more then enough power to get through the day. Also for me it was easier to hold the 6700 with the extended battery. And BTW the OEM case works very well with a extended battery.

olddog - Most of the eBay batteries are from the same source. Quite a few 6700 have gotten these eBay batteries and have had pretty good success. They do give you a good boost in power, but fall short when compared to the Seidio & Lion batteries.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 12-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
how much better performance should i suspect. i recently got the Seidio 3200mAh battery and i see some better performance but not as much as i think. Am i having too high expectations or is my phone or the battery i received faulty?
________
OXYGEN VAPORIZER

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
i actually owned a ebay extended 2400 and still have it. it does last a lot longer than the standard battery that came with the phone.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076
how much better performance should i suspect. i recently got the Seidio 3200mAh battery and i see some better performance but not as much as i think. Am i having too high expectations or is my phone or the battery i received faulty?
Give it a couple of more weeks, and you should start seeing a big differance in battery life. This was true for me with the OEM battery and the Lion battery (which I still have).
Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sheureka is just getting started
Re: have one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhair
while the extended battery will come in handy in certain situations, it's not practical to use on a daily basis for these reasons: . . .
Dork here! I have two extended batteries (uStarCom and Seidio) and a Socket Mobile Power Pack! . The cool thing about being a girl is you can throw all that stuff in your purse! - sheureka
Old 12-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney
Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076
Give it a couple of more weeks, and you should start seeing a big differance in battery life. This was true for me with the OEM battery and the Lion battery (which I still have).

Ur right, im starting to notice a big difference. Especially now that i use push all the time...thanks for the advice
________
Club Royal Condos

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: bell

abb1 is a n00b
I read that the cheap Ebay battery is NOT a 2400mAh battery but more acurately, more of a 1800 mAh according to tests. The Seidio batteries are the best in terms of actual longevity as they really are what they are rated to be. I own one of the cheapie ebay batteries and do not notice much of a difference, just in bulk.
Old 12-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Atrix 4G
Carrier: AT&T

jamaa124 is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to jamaa124 Send a message via AIM to jamaa124 Send a message via MSN to jamaa124 Send a message via Yahoo to jamaa124 Send a message via Skype™ to jamaa124
i'm still interested in getting an extended battery for my 6700...i just don't know which one to get.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions