PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Cannot Explore Device with ActiveSync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=122672)

kyderr 05-27-2010 10:25 AM

Cannot Explore Device with ActiveSync

Got a weird issue, (Aren't they all)
When I go to Active Sync, I cannot explore the device. Never had this happen on any device before, and it used to work fine on this, Nothing changed, nothing new. All that happens now is I click to explorer and I get the Hard Drive's (PCs) root. there is no mount point for mobile device in windows explorer. My Mobiler explorer does the same thing. I am confuddled. Both devices have been restarted. Everything else works fine. ActiveSync works fine. GoodSync can even sync files on the device, I just cannot browse the folders using windows explorer on the PC.

JimSmith94 05-28-2010 07:06 PM

Re: Cannot Explore Device with ActiveSync

I never bother with ActiveSync or MyMobiler file explorers. I always use Windows File Explorer and the phone shows up as another device with the flash card as a subdirectory. Have you tried that?

Biggzz 05-28-2010 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyderr (Post 1776983)
Got a weird issue, (Aren't they all)
When I go to Active Sync, I cannot explore the device. Never had this happen on any device before, and it used to work fine on this, Nothing changed, nothing new. All that happens now is I click to explorer and I get the Hard Drive's (PCs) root. there is no mount point for mobile device in windows explorer. My Mobiler explorer does the same thing. I am confuddled. Both devices have been restarted. Everything else works fine. ActiveSync works fine. GoodSync can even sync files on the device, I just cannot browse the folders using windows explorer on the PC.

When you plug your device into computer select, "disk drive"(middle option), wait and BAM!=D>

kyderr 06-02-2010 11:36 AM

Yes, I realize that would work using it as a disk drive. Strangely it works fine on the home PC. Just not the work one. Reboots all around and nothing. Any other ideas?

orangekid 06-02-2010 03:10 PM

you cannot access Device files and folders while connected as Disk Drive mode, only storage card.

This is kind of a funky error if you say AS syncs just fine.

I would plug it in, wait till the green wheel stops spinning then close the sync thing so it's just in your taskbar.

then open windows explorer and click on "mobile device" and see if it opens (even after a lag).

Also, which OS are u using?

otherworld 06-17-2010 11:26 AM

If it's working at home, but not at work it suggests it's nothing to do with the phone but perhaps a corrupt activesync profile or corrupt USB port association.

It's vital you always use the same USB port as when you first setup the connection - especially on older PCs.

Is it active sync or WMDC?

BenC 06-19-2010 12:28 PM

Have you considered reinstalling Windows Mobile Device Center again? I had to install it on my netbook, cause the one that came with it worked only as you described. The download and installation of the latest release works fine and I have no problem accessing my TP2 from my Dell Widows 7 laptop or the Netbook running Windows 7 Starter.

MrObvious 06-21-2010 06:02 PM

If it's a work PC chances are it may be locked down.

kyderr 07-29-2010 11:31 AM

When I reflashed ROM and reinstalled Windows Device Center, That seemed to fix it.

Does anyone else despise Windows Mobile Device Center as much as me? ActiveSync was SOO Much better.