PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 03:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Verizon

Kri77777 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Use for Old HP h1945

So I have an old HP h1945 pocket pc. It has no wifi but does have bluetooth. I am looking for a use for it since it is just sitting in the box. Anyone know anything cool it could be dedicated to?

I thought about using it to make a pipboy 4000 but don't know what to use as an arm band.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have a home server I could hook it up to and have extra bluetooth dongles, for a static backbone device. However, a kitchen, car, or bedroom device could also prove useful. Ideas gladly welcome!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:55 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Use for Old HP h1945

put it on calendar to hold old month pages on top of fridge?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

donate it to the show "mircrowave this" a youtube show and maybe they will nuke it for you.. *a destructive idea
Old 05-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Send it to me, my wife needs a MP3 player.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Yea, I'd use it for a MP3 player, as they work great for that. What version of PocketPC is it ? Does it have at least PPC v 5 ?

I feel your pain, I have a old HP H5450 with a car GPS kit here, that I'm not sure what to do with (have GPS on my phone and built into my car). It might end up on ebay.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 05-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Threadstarter

Kri77777 is a n00b

Yeah, it runs windows mobile 2003 (no, not second edition). I want to find a nice use for it my home. I thought about using it on the refrigerator to track shopping lists. I don't want to get rid of it and am certainly not going to destroy it. Unfortunately, I have an ipod for music. Also, it requires a stupid converter to use headphones. Any other suggestions?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Thumbs up WINDOWS MOBILE 2003 REWIND Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri77777 View Post
Yeah, it runs windows mobile 2003 (no, not second edition). I want to find a nice use for it my home. I thought about using it on the refrigerator to track shopping lists. I don't want to get rid of it and am certainly not going to destroy it. Unfortunately, I have an ipod for music. Also, it requires a stupid converter to use headphones. Any other suggestions?
That one is just like my iPAQ 4150 at home.
I would use it for backup, if you already have another windows mobile device. Use a software such as PIM Backup (if that runs on WM2003 - I remember compatibility with Windows Mobile software being a big problem. After having just come from Palm OS, where everything is forward and reverse compatible with practically anything, it was a new realization to come to that Windows Mobile isn't like that, especially between 2003 and v5), and have the device ready and synced just in case your "modern" device fails, you'll have a fallback.

You could also just use it as an extra calendar or organization tool. WM2003 Runs Skype surprisingly well, but since you don't have WiFi, getting fast enough network access may very well be a chore, since you might only be able to use ActiveSync.

But, I'd say as backup (I might bust out my 4150 and try PIM Backup), a calendar (like the other people suggested), or maybe even skype (in fact, if you're really lucky, some software (like FRING) supports Bluetooth headsets, and if your computer is stowed neatly under a desk, you could keep the thing docked, connected, and Fring/Skype open, and the headset on your ear.

Good Luck!

- 2 Bunny
Old 05-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

install a poker game on it and leave it in the bathroom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions