PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 05:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS
Arrow Half the time Opera Mobile will not go to a link when clicked on.. annoying

Figured this is the best place to post this thread.

I get this problem about 50/50 of the time. I click on a link... any link.. doesn't matter. Opera sits there and does nothing, but the link I clicked on turns blue a few seconds later (selected , but not activated). It will continue to do nothing until I touch screen and hold, then select "Stop" in the menu. As soon as I do that, the link gets a green highlight bar around it and Opera will load the page. Sometimes it will do this for several links. Other times it will stop and wont start up for another 20 clicks. I hate that. So annoying having to hit stop all the time to make it go to a link. Is there any fix for this?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Muldaak is a n00b
Re: Half the time Opera Mobile will not go to a link when clicked on.. annoying

Is that the stock Opera or Opera 10? If it is stock, upgrade to Opera 10.51 or Skyfire.

Opera 10.51 - http://www.opera.com/

Skyfire - http://www.skyfire.com/

Personally, I find Skyfire to suck. Opera 10 is pretty cool though.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Have you tried adjusting settings, allowing more cashe space for example? There's lots of options besides the settings you can get by just tapping, get at these by typing "opera:config" into URL address field.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 AM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Same problem here and I was using Opera 10 (final build) and now using 10.3 beta and have the same thing grrrrr! I empty my cache quite often and that still doesn't help much. It really is an irritation! Haven't tried to config the settings and up the cache but might try that.

Hi. I am probably home. I'm just avoiding someone I don't like. Leave me a message, and if I don't call back, it's you.

I think I have a MASSIVE ATTITUDE problem today...whadah you think?
Old 04-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

This just started happening to my phone. Now Opera is crashing Sense.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:27 PM
You will NEVER know...
Pocket PC: Apache>Touch Pro>Touch Pro 2

Psychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIPPsychobaby is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
This just started happening to my phone. Now Opera is crashing Sense.
Ya it was working fine on my phone and I can't pinpoint when exactly it started acting weird but it has pissed me off so much that I don't even try to open Opera anymore on my phone but have had to switch to skyfire as an alternative. And that isn't a great solution because I have found that with skyfire I can't dl cab files from PPCGeeks or upload to PPCGeeks.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Emptying cache don't help. Btw, it's stock Opera 9.5. not sure about Sense, I have been keeping TF3D off because it gobbles too much memory.

What is it with Opera? They continue to release new versions, improve the interface etc, yet many of the original bugs are still present in the newer versions, as I have heard. They need to work on these things and quit mucking around with the interface looks.

I don't use Skyfire because too many web site features still don't work (uploading, some JSP controls, youtube audio quality sucks, no mobile mode forcing you to zoom in zoom out etc).

And FYI, I haven't tried installing any more versions of Opera Mobile. A few months ago I ran into countless problems just trying to get 5 other builds of the browser to install AND run. Seems the old built in version conflicts with other version.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
Figured this is the best place to post this thread.

I get this problem about 50/50 of the time. I click on a link... any link.. doesn't matter. Opera sits there and does nothing, but the link I clicked on turns blue a few seconds later (selected , but not activated). It will continue to do nothing until I touch screen and hold, then select "Stop" in the menu. As soon as I do that, the link gets a green highlight bar around it and Opera will load the page. Sometimes it will do this for several links. Other times it will stop and wont start up for another 20 clicks. I hate that. So annoying having to hit stop all the time to make it go to a link. Is there any fix for this?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...t=opera+tweaks
Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

happens to me & it irks me ... theres quite a few other issues that bother me with opera & ive tried several builds

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions