PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Contacts and how they are displayed?

Ok so after messing with my ppc a bunch, I ran across a setting for contacts and I had to ask if it was always there or did I install something to add the feature . anyway u know how its separated by last name first, and the only way I knew was to add a , to the end of the contact so it would display the first name first. well I noticed if u tap and hold on a contact at the bottom of the pop up menu u get an option to save as first last. Has this always been there? kind of lazy hehe didn't wanna hard reset to see, so I figured I would ask.
~mike

Old 11-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Well it's not on my Treo. So where did this come from? Me like, me want!
Old 11-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
hmmm anyone else have or not have this option on their device? and if u don't know I have the apache.
~mike

ps budney I will hard reset and see if it was an app and if so which one. ill let ya know
Old 11-20-2006, 02:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile NL --> KPN soon

SpeedDemon is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to SpeedDemon
It is also not on my Treo 750. I did it with Outlook on my laptop.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Hmm. must be some tweak you did b/c I don't see it on my.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

well I will see what it was tha added or try and track that down. this is very useful imo and I used it to resort all mine since most I didn't do the , trick
Old 11-24-2006, 01:27 AM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Ok figured it out and packaged it all up into a little .cab which you can find HERE.
Enjoy,
Mike
Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started
I didn't see this option but maybe I am doing something wrong. I really want this feature. I will download this one when I get home. I didn't think I would care whether or not the first name was displayed but I realized yes I do care. I realized I tend to look for people's names according to how I refer to them which is by their first. So yeah. I need this. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
How did I miss this cab for so long?
Old 01-16-2007, 01:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Hey I had this option on my xv6600, but i'll check on my treo 700w...be back in a few...i know the cab is already on the site but what the hey...

Ok so after checking I do not see the option, in fact the option may NOT have been inthe 6600 and I may just thought it had been, WHERE there is an option is in outlook desktop
Tools>Options>go to the contacts section and click on 'Contact Options'>the second pull down box has name order defaulted to last, first but you can change it to first last and then when you sync it should do it up and when I had my 6600 it changed the settings on the phone so when I added via contact on the phone it went in as first last. But anyways just though id throw it out there

PH

PS im using office 07 but i believe 03 is the same in regards to how to get to those settings

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions