PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Windows Mobile Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Contacts and how they are displayed? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=1163)

Wideawake 11-20-2006 08:07 AM

Contacts and how they are displayed?

Ok so after messing with my ppc a bunch, I ran across a setting for contacts and I had to ask if it was always there or did I install something to add the feature :lol: . anyway u know how its separated by last name first, and the only way I knew was to add a , to the end of the contact so it would display the first name first. well I noticed if u tap and hold on a contact at the bottom of the pop up menu u get an option to save as first last. Has this always been there? kind of lazy hehe didn't wanna hard reset to see, so I figured I would ask.
~mike

budney 11-20-2006 10:16 AM

Well it's not on my Treo. So where did this come from? Me like, me want! :D

Wideawake 11-20-2006 10:43 AM

hmmm anyone else have or not have this option on their device? and if u don't know I have the apache. ;)
~mike

ps budney I will hard reset and see if it was an app and if so which one. ill let ya know :)

SpeedDemon 11-20-2006 02:16 PM

It is also not on my Treo 750. I did it with Outlook on my laptop.

wingzero 11-20-2006 03:08 PM

Hmm. must be some tweak you did b/c I don't see it on my.

Wideawake 11-20-2006 04:14 PM

well I will see what it was tha added or try and track that down. this is very useful imo and I used it to resort all mine since most I didn't do the , trick ;)

Wideawake 11-24-2006 01:27 AM

Ok figured it out and packaged it all up into a little .cab which you can find HERE.
Enjoy,
Mike

Nikkirox_1 12-26-2006 03:02 PM

I didn't see this option but maybe I am doing something wrong. I really want this feature. I will download this one when I get home. I didn't think I would care whether or not the first name was displayed but I realized yes I do care. I realized I tend to look for people's names according to how I refer to them which is by their first. So yeah. I need this. Thanks.

CozBoogie 12-26-2006 03:34 PM

How did I miss this cab for so long? :banghead:

PerfectHybrid 01-16-2007 01:50 PM

Hey I had this option on my xv6600, but i'll check on my treo 700w...be back in a few...i know the cab is already on the site but what the hey...

Ok so after checking I do not see the option, in fact the option may NOT have been inthe 6600 and I may just thought it had been, WHERE there is an option is in outlook desktop
Tools>Options>go to the contacts section and click on 'Contact Options'>the second pull down box has name order defaulted to last, first but you can change it to first last and then when you sync it should do it up and when I had my 6600 it changed the settings on the phone so when I added via contact on the phone it went in as first last. But anyways just though id throw it out there

PH

PS im using office 07 but i believe 03 is the same in regards to how to get to those settings