PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Lurker

ezrenew is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If I switch the carrier Nextel to Sprint. Do I pay?

Hi everyone.

If I switch the carrier from Nextel to Sprint.
Do I have to pay early termination fee ?
Or do I have to pay full price of the phone without early term. fee?

I have 2 yr contract with Nextel, but had only 6 months now.
I want to change to Sprint which is CDMA better than Iden in my my area.

I went to local sprint store.
They said there is no cancellation fee. Because I'm still Sprint/Nextel customer with same phone number.
But I have to pay Full price of the phone which called Regular price(6700 = $549.99)
Because I had used only 6 months there is no $75 or $150 program credit.

I had only 6 months with Nextel, that's why I have to pay full price of the any sprint phone.
They told me I'd better get the phone from ebay or etc. and they will hook me up.

Finally, I ordered 6700 and Treo700wx from Sprint Discount (found ebay) and paid nothing with new 2 lines service.
I have planning to cancel my Nextel account once I get these phones. Sure, They will ask me about Early Termination Fee.

Should I ask them about I am still Sprint/Nextel customer?
Or it's the way that I have to pay $400 for 2 phone lines cancel?

Lee
Old 11-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
i have ported number from nextel to sprint and so far none of the customers I have dealt with have paid a termination fee.

Even if you dont tell them that you were a nextel customer, or even if you dont mention that you have one at all, your name will come up when the social is ran up on the "system"....i hate when they call it that....is like they only they know how it works or something.....

do you mind posting on here again and keeping us informed on what is going on?

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 11-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ezrenew is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnytrigger
i have ported number from nextel to sprint and so far none of the customers I have dealt with have paid a termination fee.

Even if you dont tell them that you were a nextel customer, or even if you dont mention that you have one at all, your name will come up when the social is ran up on the "system"....i hate when they call it that....is like they only they know how it works or something.....

do you mind posting on here again and keeping us informed on what is going on?
But my case is that I have to cancel 2 Nextel lines whatever and it's before 2 yrs. So 100 % they will ask me about term. fee.

Same time, I open a sprint account with new service and 2 new lines, It seems like they don't care what I'm doing

My PPC and 700wx are coming on Tuesday.

I will post wats goinon.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
heard you dont have to pay for an etf when switching between the two.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
porting from nextel to sprint or vise versa u will NOT pay the ETF.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:05 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
If I am reading ezrenew's first post correctly. He ended up get a separate Sprint account with new numbers. And he is planning to cancel his old Nextel numbers before the contracts are up. So he would be charged the termination fee on each number, as their is no porting/switching involved.

ezrenew, I would cancel your new Sprint account now before you get it. Then call Sprint/Nextel and ask to talk to retentions. They should be able to help you with getting ported over to Sprint with new equipment for the discounted price, but you will have to sign a new two year contract and send back your Nextel phones.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:22 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
ive also heard that they have been offering some pretty nice deals to legacy nextel customers who port over to sprint......
Old 11-19-2006, 10:26 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
i moved this to general as to it really does not pertain to the 6700
Old 11-19-2006, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bigbuddy is a n00b
i didnt pay anything
Old 11-21-2006, 08:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Garrett is a n00b
If you switch from Nextel to Sprint they will charge you the ETF's on the Nextel bill, then credit them back on the Sprint bill.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions