PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

skplex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apple sues HTC for infringing 20 Patents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
this should be news on the front page of ppcgeeks...
I agree and before creating this thread I submitted the article/info to the PPC "submit a news tip" page.

-skplex
Old 03-02-2010, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

ToddSmith is keeping up the good workToddSmith is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Didnt Apple also lose to MS when MS released Windows 1.0 and Apple said it was too close to the Mac point and click?

Some things you cannot have a monopoly on...
I was going to make the same comment, but you beat me to it. At the time, Apple complaining about Microsoft stealing their idea of a point and click interface was hilarious, considering Apple stole the idea from XPARC, who developed the x-windows interface for UNIX.
Old 03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Basically this suit translates to; Other phones are gaining on the iPhone's cool factor, and Apple just can't have that, so they wanna crush the competition in any way possible.

Bastards.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 03-02-2010, 03:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Its simple for me I hate everything about Apple.

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:22 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I wonder what Apple's only carrier in the US thinks of this? ATT I don't think currently has any Android handsets but were believed to release a few of them this year (along with webOS devices). I wonder if the timing of this has more to do about ATT releasing Android handsets soon then HTC Android handsets in general. If an ATT iPhone customer wants an Android handset, it is a lot easier for them (if they like their carrier) to upgrade to an Android handset from ATT rather than jump ship to another carrier. They don't have to deal with possible early termination fees, difference in coverage, etc. Seems like Apple may be burning the only bridge they are standing on in the US, unless they were planning to release to other carriers soon.

???
Old 03-02-2010, 03:25 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I don't give a shit whether or not Apple has the rights to do this, or even if they had the patents first. I can now guarantee you that I will never in my life buy an Apple product, and I will never stand behind them. This is a low blow to a company who has innovated for years and has started to do things BETTER than Apple has, and of course, they feel threatened.

I read the article on Engadget and some of the patents they own are ridiculous. I find it completely insane that some of those things can even be patented. This one here is just stupid:

Code:
The '381 Patent, entitled "List Scrolling And Document Translation, Scaling, And Rotation 
On A Touch-Screen Display," was duly and legally issued on December 23, 2008 by the United 
States Patent and Trademark Office. A copy of the '381 Patent is attached hereto as Exhibit D.
Rotation? You mean the same thing that's been available since before the 6700? Wow, Apple. F**k you.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:51 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

It is only a matter of time till a company patents breathing and then we all will have to pay royalties to breathe since that company would be credited with inventing breathing >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

LOL next lawsuit will be worded thusly-

"Any phone that's better than the iPhone in any way is guilty of infringing on our patent of COOLNESS!"

@#$%in' tools. I hate Apple.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I'm going to file a patent for every single piece of possible hardware used in personal computing and see what I can get. Then I'm going to sue everyone. Awesome.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: apple sues htc...

Forget the other web sites, we have that news on PPCG! Now go share your comments where the whole world can see; I did!

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/03/02/a...-infringement/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions