PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Lurker

Kbcarpent is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LG Voyager or XV-6800? Why Wi-Fi?

I am new to the whole smart phone thing and am trying to get caught up on all the new features offered. I am a Verizon customer and plan to stay that way. I have been waiting for the release of the XV-6800, but after looking at the reviews on the new Voyager phone I am tempted to just go ahead and get it. The only big difference I see is the lack of wi-fi on the Voyager. Why do I want wi-fi if the phones connections are so good? Will I spend a lot more money on data transfer plans if I dont have the ability to use wi-fi? Hope to hear from some Geeks to help. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2007, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

redifrogger is a n00b
Wifi has no effect on your data transfer plan other than you won't need the plan if you're always near wifi - saving money. Just remember that Verizon says unlimited but I've heard that unlimited has it's limits, although those are probably crazy high. If you have the data plan, you may very well never need the wifi.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SX56, XV6700
Carrier: Started with MetroCell in the early 90s. Then ATTWS/Cingular. Now VzW

substring is a n00b
I don't believe it is a fair comparison. The Voyager and the Titan are two different classes. The Titan is a fully functional mini-computer. The Voyager is merely a smart phone with **CONTROLLED** environment.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Lurker

nickmford is a n00b
If the voyager is anything like its older brother the LG Env, you will missing some features which we take for granted with Pocket PCs. You will end up having to pay for and install Wireless Sync if you want to do any sync'ing with your phone (semi instant email, contacts, calendar etc). This is an add on feature for the LG Env so I am sure the LG Voyager will follow suit.

The keyboard, texting and instant messaging will be similar though. Main difference you need to decide on is whether you need real time email and want to sync your phone with a server.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
yeah i dont know if the voyager has Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint on it either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions