PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: sprint

ls6tt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ls6tt
Should I sell the 6700?

phone is starting to bug me, little too big (i cant even jog with it). not using all of the features..etc etc.

I am curious about some of the blackberrys that sprint carries. they are GPS enabled already so that is a plus. No camera which kinda sucks.

Are their memory cards on these? (can I load a lot of songs, i have 150 on my memory card now) can you load other apps (i assume it isnt windows mobile)

thanks in advance for the assistance.

side note: if I was to sell my phone, what could I get for it (id throw in two 1gb mem cards)
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

djcantflow is a n00b
I would suggest looking at the new BlackBerry 8130 "Pearl" on Sprint now. It is fairly small, you would easily be able to go jogging with it also it does have a 1.3mp camera I believe. It also has a microSD card slot which can handle up to a 2gb card I think. It is not WM, however you can load other apps to it just not nearly as many as a WM enabled PPC. I would think you're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $150-$200 for your PPC with the memory cards. Hopefully this helps.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
N00b

breakuser is a n00b
You can sell that if its in really good shap for about 200. I sold 2 on ebay. One for 325.00 and the otherf for 240.00. One was totally new and the other was 2 weeks old. Go for a touch. They are sooo small and latest and greatest in technology.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
N00b

breakuser is a n00b
Ohhh I feel you on that 670.. Its sooo huge. Heavy.and ugly. Its almost alike a shiny brick with a lcd screen
Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcantflow View Post
I would suggest looking at the new BlackBerry 8130 "Pearl" on Sprint now. It is fairly small, you would easily be able to go jogging with it also it does have a 1.3mp camera I believe. It also has a microSD card slot which can handle up to a 2gb card I think. It is not WM, however you can load other apps to it just not nearly as many as a WM enabled PPC. I would think you're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $150-$200 for your PPC with the memory cards. Hopefully this helps.
dont see the 8130 on sprints site. but it sounds like its what I want if it is GPS ready (thats the big selling point for me, it has to be GPS ready. (and BETTER battery life...LOL)

if i can find the phone I want, I can put it on ebay and see what it does (reserve it at 200), that sound reasonable?
Old 11-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakuser View Post
You can sell that if its in really good shap for about 200. I sold 2 on ebay. One for 325.00 and the otherf for 240.00. One was totally new and the other was 2 weeks old. Go for a touch. They are sooo small and latest and greatest in technology.
touch isnt gps ready
Old 11-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: SX56, XV6700
Carrier: Started with MetroCell in the early 90s. Then ATTWS/Cingular. Now VzW

substring is a n00b
Why? You knew the size of the 6700 when you bought it. Who would want to jog with a cell phone in the pocket? It is going to bounce around no matter how small it is. And do you really think you can jog with a Blackberry in your pocket?

I have my XV6700 for 2 years and I don't have any problem with it. The only complaint I have is the Rev 0 connection.

Last edited by substring; 11-05-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by substring View Post
Why? You knew the size of the 6700 when you bought it. Who would want to jog with a cell phone in the pocket? It is going to bounce around no matter how small it is. And do you really think you can jog with a Blackberry in your pocket?

I have my XV6700 for 2 years and I don't have any problem with it. The only complaint I have is the Rev 0 connection.
didnt buy it was a gift, also never saw it in person till it was in my hand. I run with it clipped to my hip, and i must have my cell phone with me at all times (work and child).

I think if the battery life was better, then I wouldnt complain, it is the MAJOR issue here. I can try the palm treo phone holder like others have, to add more support for the phone, but dont know if its really worth it.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
I just got Seidio's 1500 slim extended battery and I now make it a day and a half, where I used to have to charge 3/4 of the way through each day. It could save you from having to give up the 6700 if there are still features of it you like.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 11-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

djcantflow is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls6tt View Post
dont see the 8130 on sprints site. but it sounds like its what I want if it is GPS ready (thats the big selling point for me, it has to be GPS ready. (and BETTER battery life...LOL)

if i can find the phone I want, I can put it on ebay and see what it does (reserve it at 200), that sound reasonable?
It may not have been released yet but it is coming soon. I think they have it up on phonescoop.com if you want to check out the specs. From what I've been hearing it is GPS ready. I think a $200 reserve is fairly reasonable. Just to give you an idea I got mine for $215 (including shipping) it came with 2 extra capacity batteries, 2 cases (1 OEM, 1 Krussel), 2.5 to 3.5 adapter for headphones, a 1 gig mem card, 2 screen protectors and of course the cradle and usb cables.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions