PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question where are all the new WM phones?

sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but i wasn't too sure what to search under to find it.... but ive seen a lot of news bullitins on the front page about upcoming droid/google phones but with the exception of the rumored hd3 and tp3 i havnt seem much notice on any new windows mobile based devices unless ive overlooked them. if thats the case then someone please correct me and point me in the right direction. thank you!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: where are all the new WM phones?

A lot of manufacturers are going to Android. The ones that are dedicated to WM (mainly HTC), are probably waiting for more official WM7 stuff, at least that's my guess. We've been told the HD2 will be able to upgrade to WM7, but it sounds like it meets the minimum specs. IMO, ALL of the US carriers needed to get the HD2 like they did the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2. It is HTC's hottest phone out there, and the fact that it could upgrade to WM7 makes it a solid investment. If WM7 won't run on the TP2 and people are planning on keeping the phone for more than a year, they might hold out until the HD2 comes or until WM7 is released.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
A lot of manufacturers are going to Android. The ones that are dedicated to WM (mainly HTC), are probably waiting for more official WM7 stuff, at least that's my guess. We've been told the HD2 will be able to upgrade to WM7, but it sounds like it meets the minimum specs. IMO, ALL of the US carriers needed to get the HD2 like they did the Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2. It is HTC's hottest phone out there, and the fact that it could upgrade to WM7 makes it a solid investment. If WM7 won't run on the TP2 and people are planning on keeping the phone for more than a year, they might hold out until the HD2 comes or until WM7 is released.
Went into Best Buy this morning and struck up a conversation with one of the employees that works in the wireless section. He actually had a touch pro and was very familar with flashing and customization. I noticed that they didn't have ONE windows mobile phone on display (no ATT, no Verizon, no T-Mobile, Sprint... nada). I asked him why. He said he didn't know exactly why but he said with a bit of sadness that he thinks they are moving away from selling Windows Mobile phones because "frankly, they are just not as popular". (his words not mine).
Old 02-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

not popular? maybe there just aint as much advertisement for WM so no ones thinking about it. may once WM7 comes out we'll see more adverts. in the mean time that doesnt account for the manufactures. now that i think about it, maybe theyre not making anything bc they dont know what requirements are?
Old 02-03-2010, 05:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Motorola has no plans of producing another WM phone. That says a lot.

Microsoft just cant keep up with development. They cant meet deadlines and their product just is not cutting edge. I don't know, but usualy when companies get too big (market share they can't hear the consumers any more).Android is fast. There are many free and cheap programs out there for it.

If Microsoft would allow window mobile to be open sourced everything would change. But that wont happen. They will hang on in the background and pick up scraps in what used to be their dinning room.
We will pay the price both in money and time, buying new phones and learning the new cutting edge OS.

I do think there is room for many OS's in this fast growing market. Some day these little phones will (may) replace home computers altogether. This is a BIG market and it's getting bigger everyday......

Last edited by hthomas; 02-03-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by hthomas View Post
Motorola has no plans of producing another WM phone. That says a lot.

Microsoft just cant keep up with development. They cant meet deadlines and their product just is not cutting edge. I don't know, but usualy when companies get too big (market share they can't hear the consumers any more).Android is fast. There are many free and cheap programs out there for it.

those are some bold generalities about MS, Apple and Google aren't exactly mom and pop development companies either. cutting edge? Apple has been putting out basically the same OS in to the same phone since the iphone first came out, there's not a world of difference between the 2g and the 3gs nor one with the first osx to 3.1.2, "android is fast" what does that mean exactly? I don't see that the nexus one will necessarily outperform the hd2 in too many areas, especially when winmo 7 hits.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Personally I don't think anyone should underestimate gates hate for apple he will do anything he can to give apple a hard time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions