PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: ATT

Deviant06 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Best HTC Phone??

Hey guys, I used to use an Apache 6700 and it was my introduction into smartphone modification. I flashed it, rewrote the os and put wm6.1 on it, and I loved how I could modify everything I wanted. I also really enjoyed the touch screen and slide out full qwerty keyboard. My screen broke and I lost my job a while back so I didnt replace the screen and ended up canceling my service. I now have a great job and am looking into a new phone. I am very partial to HTC. I want to know what you guys think is the VERY best phone. I prefer touch screen and a full slide out keyboard. I don't know if I want it on WM or andriod, but both would be nice. I was looking into the HD2, HTC Droid, or possibly the touch pro 2? I just want a phone that does data and media well, including bluetooth, music, vids, internet, GPS and apps. I also want it to be good with customizing and modification. Whats your take guys? Price isnt such a big deal, I just want to know the best phone to buy, the top 3 maybe. thanks for the help!

--Oh and I also might want the possibility of flashing it with everything working, (i flashed my 6700 from verizon to cricket and had EVERYTHING working, including web, pic and reg texting, and email) so I wanna know if any of these phones have that possibility, if not, ill probably go with att or verizon

Last edited by Deviant06; 01-27-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Best HTC Phone??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant06 View Post
Hey guys, I used to use an Apache 6700 and it was my introduction into smartphone modification. I flashed it, rewrote the os and put wm6.1 on it, and I loved how I could modify everything I wanted. I also really enjoyed the touch screen and slide out full qwerty keyboard. My screen broke and I lost my job a while back so I didnt replace the screen and ended up canceling my service. I now have a great job and am looking into a new phone. I am very partial to HTC. I want to know what you guys think is the VERY best phone. I prefer touch screen and a full slide out keyboard. I don't know if I want it on WM or andriod, but both would be nice. I was looking into the HD2, HTC Droid, or possibly the touch pro 2? I just want a phone that does data and media well, including bluetooth, music, vids, internet, and apps. I also want it to be good with customizing and modification. Whats your take guys? Price isnt such a big deal, I just want to know the best phone to buy, the top 3 maybe. thanks for the help!
good at data, media, fast fast fast?? I say the HTC Supersonic that is scheduled for March at Sprint

I you want a keyboard then id say the Droid, the keyboard isnt the best, but Android + the ARM Cortex CPU makes up for it

At this point in time id stay away from buying a TP2 signing contract cuz the CPU was outdated to begin with and you will kick yourself when the 1GHZ Devices roll out in the next couple of months and they will get all the WM7 upgrades and such
Old 01-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Deviant06 is a n00b

I'll have to look into that, but what do you think about the HD2? I thought it had a 1ghz cpu and like 512 of internal memory, how would that compare to the supersonic and droid? and if the phone comes with android, can I put WM on dual boot on them?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:18 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant06 View Post
I'll have to look into that, but what do you think about the HD2? I thought it had a 1ghz cpu and like 512 of internal memory, how would that compare to the supersonic and droid? and if the phone comes with android, can I put WM on dual boot on them?
its basically the same thing as the HD2 but with Android and Wimax 4G on it see here. If you want the same power with Winmo then the HD2 fits you best, plus you have a better chance of dual-booting if its originally a Winmo device since Android users have little interest to porting Winmo on an Android device.

Its just that Android 2.1 + SenseUI + 4G on the same hardware appeals more (to me at least) then Winmo.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:15 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Where did you get that it is schedule to be released on Sprint in March? there are a few rumors from what I could tell but that's it. You're saying it like it's confirmed.

You cannot put WM on an android phone, but you can put android on a wm phone, so far on the pro it's been almost totally ported, on the diamond everything but the mic.

Out of the phones you listed the HD2 is the best choice. 4.3" capacitive wvga with a snapdragon, and it has been pimped out even more for the U.S version, confirmed for release in the US and you could keep att if you want (unlock it) or switch to Tmo.

I guarantee there will be custom roms, it should be upgradable to winmo 7, and I am guessing they will have android fully ported to WVGA for this phone as well, so the possibilities are endless.

Personally I am sticking with my Diamond till the HD2 comes out, I'd rather have that than the "supersonic" even if it was released in march on sprint, which I would be pretty surprised if it was.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:52 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Deviant06 is a n00b

The supersonic does look great, and the 4g/clear connection would be great, so I might hold out for that, but who knows when it will really be in the US. Also, my biggest question is about the HD2 - If I buy it unlocked on ebay, can I use it on any carrier? Or at least Verizon, ATT, and Sprint? Something like adding the provider's sim card?
Also, how does the Nexus One hold up?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions