PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid (Android OS)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Scott19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry How can I remove this ANNOYING space on my Today Screen?

I have attached a jpeg showing the space on my today screen that I am referring to. I have searched everywhere that I can think of, and find on the net, but I cannot find how to do this. This space takes up a lot of valuable real estate, and I would like to get rid of it if possible.

*My device is a Samsung Epix (WM 6.1)

Thanks in Advance ,
Scott19
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TodayScreen.JPG (5.4 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini
Carrier: Sprint

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: How can I remove this ANNOYING space on my Today Screen?

Hard to tell what space is bugging you from the postage stamp size screenshot, but if it's the space to the right of that sort of a bridge thing, then maybe you need a different background image. I'm not familliar with Epix, but if it has QVGA screen, i.e. 240 pixel width, then use a background image that is 240 pixels wide. (You may also need to play with the height of your bg image.)
Old 01-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Agreed. Please get a bigger picture. If you have to, take a picture of your phone with a digital camera so it's nice and big.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scott19 is a n00b
Unhappy Re: How can I remove this ANNOYING space on my Today Screen?

Sorry, I didn't realize the pic was so small.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TodayScreen2.JPG (64.9 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

What today plugin are you using?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff

Scott, that gap area (tnx 4 new pic) may be due to whatever launcher app you're using. Mine is tdLaunch, and I have it set to leave just 3 pixels above top most icon:

I get to these settings like so:

Start > Settings > Personal (default tab) > Today > Items (tab)

Once here, I tap (highlight) tdLaunch and then tap Options... button. At bottom of the next screen, there's a button labelled 'Option' which brings up the Settings screen pictured above. Your launcher may have some similar way to adjust it's top margin.

Hope this helps, MrG
Old 01-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Scott19 is a n00b

Resco Contact Manager and Weather Panel. the earlier being directly below the space I want to get rid of. It will not allow me to move RCM up any farther than where you see it in the pic either, nor are there any settings like MrG describes below. One would think that there would at least be a registry setting that would allow you to at least change the height of the space. Should I try to install tdLauncher, or is there another way? Even before I installed RCM, that space was stiill there, and 'unavailable'.</p>
Old 01-12-2010, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Hmm, finding the cause of unavailable space might be possible via trial & error. Starting with the most likely suspect, uninstall items 1 by 1?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions