PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Airave external Antenna

wtf you flood the thread for with post minutes apart? Lucky im not staff on this site or id infraction your ass...

Also fyi thats not the airave in question. that's the updated one. I have first one.
as well as what you post has nothing to do with topic of thread.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Last edited by kaos; 01-14-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

tlordon: please don't post like this. and use the edit button. DO NOT spam to get your post count up so you ccan post pictures.

This merits a spamming infraction. So this will be a warning. Please do not do this again i have deleted you junk posts.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

Last edited by Mr. X; 01-14-2010 at 06:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP1 TP2

tlordon is a n00b
Smile Re: Sprint Airave external Antenna

Kaos, Whild I understand your anger (well not really, I was only "spamming" to get you information.. sorry i couldn't find 10 BS posts to make elsewhere..

to the FYI yes im showing the V2 unit however if you notice the photo of the V1 below i took from the Net (I dont have my v1 any more)
you can see those are connectors and on my V1 i could disconnect those wires and add my own. if i wanted. (forget the connector style now.. (didn't need externals then but took apart for hek of it.)

Also side note my Junk posts had good info IE update on what the GPS antenna intended for / what it does.. and could do..

GPS antenna true calling.
while the GPS has the capability in providing softer hand-offs due to not everyone getting GPS reception where they wanted to place it for normal use. they are only using it for Geo Location and internal clock synchrosnicing However when you put the external gps antenna in nothing knows how far or what direction or elevation from unit the gps antenna got placed. and that nocks the softer handoff out.. (its to varible from house to house and office to office so its better to only use for clock set)
Hand off is now when the phone/airave detects rapid decrese in airave reception link. thus throwing the handoff switch..

CDMA (Channel Hopping AKA Spread spectrum and the "encryption" ) these clocks on the airave and sprint network/towers need to be 100% time synced or you will have voice/data loss during a channel hop / actually if it drops one channel hop call is lost..
(security is tight on cdma) (cdma never been hacked live)
GPS clock is the most acurate clock in world. aka its based of the atomic clock where ever it is..
(thats how gps works.. it gets the Time/ping from each satilete and times it to the next ping knowing when the first one left IE why it takes a min or so to lock on any gps unit. It needs a bit to get a few pings. and do some simple math .. The gps clock is used in many encryption units with each knowing the start key they can go live for a long time without a live hack..

(Sorry for the long post but i wanted to explain in depth)
correct me if im wrong.. (some is gathered from the tidbits insiders can release and some common sense)

Thanks for nocking my posts down<(sorry im a little upset im trying to share info and cant)

in the pic you can see there is connectors for the cdma and gps antenna and you can go direct to them..

H*T*T*P*/*/*NOT*W*W*W (gotta circumvent link system Sorry (not really im only trying to help and cant)
lh4.ggpht.com/_evphrX4H8R8/S1GfJqdAWNI/AAAAAAAAAMo/BfPDYBSIDaY/s800/airave2123.JPG

might aswell cover it now..
the location can be hacked and used anywhere in world however its very dificult and only able to be done by few out there..
first circumvent IP geo location IE use a proxy server back in the states (has to be low latency connection and fast prxy server to prevent a bottle neck (ucky voip qaulity)
second the gps thats a bit harder..that we list the steps.(this is shortend for security and basic reasons)
1. setup a temporary gps Signal logger at Proxy server location (this gets the Geo Taging needed at the proxy servers ip location. (this is easy as pie)
2. setup a gps at airave location outside usa (same logger as above) write a pic or pc program that takes the time from the satellites and alters the sat names / timing so what it outputs exactly what the loger at the proxy picked up (obvisoulsy keeping the time syncinng correct but changing the sat names locations etc.) simple in thery but lots of code to translate the data while keeping the timing correct (some timing math will be added as u are using different satilites.. and could figure out eventully if not mathed out properly..)
3.make a simple 2.4ghz transmitter hooked up to to the signal generator program and hook it up to the gps antenna port on the airave..
this has never been officially tried only for TOS reasons. (and im sure its illeagle to mess with gps even though its only altered on your end) (with that said have played with minor gps mods and custom programs.logers/outputers.. . )
legality explained i think you make make a gps receiver and do whatever u wish with the data as long as the signal cant go further than a few Feet to ensure you dont alter others gps devices. (dont need someone outside your flat in eu saying there in Dallas Tx. on x street LMFAO) also i think if you bypass there geo location it becomes automaticly considerded hacking the actull sprint network wich is a federal crime to hack into any comunication network especially with the patriot act and tech terrorists..

side note on my many posts. if u notice i registered over a year ago.. and havent posted till now.. please a little consideration (only posting when needed)

Last edited by tlordon; 01-16-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlordon View Post
Kaos, Whild I understand your anger (well not really, I was only "spamming" to get you information.. sorry i couldn't find 10 BS posts to make elsewhere..

to the FYI yes im showing the V2 unit however if you notice the photo of the V1 below i took from the Net (I dont have my v1 any more)
you can see those are connectors and on my V1 i could disconnect those wires and add my own. if i wanted. (forget the connector style now.. (didn't need externals then but took apart for hek of it.)

Also side note my Junk posts had good info IE update on what the GPS antenna intended for / what it does.. and could do..

GPS antenna true calling.
while the GPS has the capability in providing softer hand-offs due to not everyone getting GPS reception where they wanted to place it for normal use. they are only using it for Geo Location and internal clock synchrosnicing However when you put the external gps antenna in nothing knows how far or what direction or elevation from unit the gps antenna got placed. and that nocks the softer handoff out.. (its to varible from house to house and office to office so its better to only use for clock set)
Hand off is now when the phone/airave detects rapid decrese in airave reception link. thus throwing the handoff switch..

CDMA (Channel Hopping AKA Spread spectrum and the "encryption" ) these clocks on the airave and sprint network/towers need to be 100% time synced or you will have voice/data loss during a channel hop / actually if it drops one channel hop call is lost..
(security is tight on cdma) (cdma never been hacked live)
GPS clock is the most acurate clock in world. aka its based of the atomic clock where ever it is..
(thats how gps works.. it gets the Time/ping from each satilete and times it to the next ping knowing when the first one left IE why it takes a min or so to lock on any gps unit. It needs a bit to get a few pings. and do some simple math .. The gps clock is used in many encryption units with each knowing the start key they can go live for a long time without a live hack..

(Sorry for the long post but i wanted to explain in depth)
correct me if im wrong.. (some is gathered from the tidbits insiders can release and some common sense)

Thanks for nocking my posts down<(sorry im a little upset im trying to share info and cant)

in the pic you can see there is connectors for the cdma and gps antenna and you can go direct to them..

H*T*T*P*/*/*NOT*W*W*W (gotta circumvent link system Sorry (not really im only trying to help and cant)
lh4.ggpht.com/_evphrX4H8R8/S1GfJqdAWNI/AAAAAAAAAMo/BfPDYBSIDaY/s800/airave2123.JPG

might aswell cover it now..
the location can be hacked and used anywhere in world however its very dificult and only able to be done by few out there..
first circumvent IP geo location IE use a proxy server back in the states (has to be low latency connection and fast prxy server to prevent a bottle neck (ucky voip qaulity)
second the gps thats a bit harder..that we list the steps.(this is shortend for security and basic reasons)
1. setup a temporary gps Signal logger at Proxy server location (this gets the Geo Taging needed at the proxy servers ip location. (this is easy as pie)
2. setup a gps at airave location outside usa (same logger as above) write a pic or pc program that takes the time from the satellites and alters the sat names / timing so what it outputs exactly what the loger at the proxy picked up (obvisoulsy keeping the time syncinng correct but changing the sat names locations etc.) simple in thery but lots of code to translate the data while keeping the timing correct (some timing math will be added as u are using different satilites.. and could figure out eventully if not mathed out properly..)
3.make a simple 2.4ghz transmitter hooked up to to the signal generator program and hook it up to the gps antenna port on the airave..
this has never been officially tried only for TOS reasons. (and im sure its illeagle to mess with gps even though its only altered on your end) (with that said have played with minor gps mods and custom programs.logers/outputers.. . )
legality explained i think you make make a gps receiver and do whatever u wish with the data as long as the signal cant go further than a few Feet to ensure you dont alter others gps devices. (dont need someone outside your flat in eu saying there in Dallas Tx. on x street LMFAO) also i think if you bypass there geo location it becomes automaticly considerded hacking the actull sprint network wich is a federal crime to hack into any comunication network especially with the patriot act and tech terrorists..

side note on my many posts. if u notice i registered over a year ago.. and havent posted till now.. please a little consideration (only posting when needed)
The link filtering has been put in a place for a reason. Please try to abide by the terms of the new user accounts. If you contribute to the forum its not hard at all to achieve the ability to post links in a short period of time. Your posting habits are borderline spam. Contribute to the forum rather then bypassing our filters.

This is the second time in the same thread i've had to remind you of the way things work here.

I understand you're new and you want to help but the rules apply equally for every one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
The GPS antenna doesn't necessarily need to stay plugged into the airave for the airave to work. I plugged mine in to set my airave up but once it was set up, I was able to disconnect the antenna. In fact, it is only for use if you can't get a gps positioning signal inside your house.

So, if possible, moving the airave close to a window or another location may help your situation.

David
What if you cant get a gps signal and have no windows in a basement of a building to be near

If we run a cat5 upstairs.. plug in the airave and get service to it.. then get a gps lock and it programs.. if I unplug the airave from the cat5 and take it back to the basement will it still hold that info - or am i screwed?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
The link filtering has been put in a place for a reason. Please try to abide by the terms of the new user accounts. If you contribute to the forum its not hard at all to achieve the ability to post links in a short period of time. Your posting habits are borderline spam. Contribute to the forum rather then bypassing our filters.

This is the second time in the same thread i've had to remind you of the way things work here.

I understand you're new and you want to help but the rules apply equally for every one.
I dont see the problem with either of this guys post.. in both have some decent information.. i think the gps hacking was slightly watered down and missing key parts of data to make it an actual working idea.. but none the less it gives me an idea - because at this time without a gps signal I cant use this airave and if it can be hacked to work without or spoof the gps to make it work.. Im all about it.
Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
What if you cant get a gps signal and have no windows in a basement of a building to be near

If we run a cat5 upstairs.. plug in the airave and get service to it.. then get a gps lock and it programs.. if I unplug the airave from the cat5 and take it back to the basement will it still hold that info - or am i screwed?
If I'm not mistaken, it will retain the information.

The reason I say this is the first time I set mine up it took a very long time to get a gps lock. Subsequent powercycles like power failures and rebooting were much quicker.

David
Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
If I'm not mistaken, it will retain the information.

The reason I say this is the first time I set mine up it took a very long time to get a gps lock. Subsequent powercycles like power failures and rebooting were much quicker.

David

My problem is - we are using it in the basement of an old bank - there is no windows - and no chance of getting a GPS lock.. so if we take it upstairs.. get the gps lock - then unplug it and move it downstairs will it work?? otherwise the device is useless
Old 02-02-2011, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwknt View Post
My problem is - we are using it in the basement of an old bank - there is no windows - and no chance of getting a GPS lock.. so if we take it upstairs.. get the gps lock - then unplug it and move it downstairs will it work?? otherwise the device is useless
Does the Airware work just like the Verizon extender ? They have a 25-50' GPS cable that comes with it (a very thin cable) so you can remove the GPS sensor, connect the cable and put the GPS device by a window or something.

I do that in my basement, right below where we use the phone the most but, it would be impossable to get GPS where it's located but, with the cord, I put it right next to a basement window and it works fine.

The Verizon one needs to have GPS always, I tried to remove it and it didn't work any more.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 02-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: IPHONE
Carrier: IPHONE

mmoseeker is a n00b

congratulations to you i have the same problem damn

playermall strive to protect our users— both buyers and sellers —with a scam-free trading environment.

Our PlayerGuardian technology conducts rigorous security screening processes. The purpose: to protect payments between buyers and sellers with banking-level security and fraud prevention software.

After every transaction, our users rate each other based on their trading experiences by providing transparent feedback. PlayerGuardian rewards quality service, and penalizes unreliable traders.

Last edited by mmoseeker; 04-25-2020 at 09:56 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions