PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 10:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

JayJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Smartphone Suggestions?

I worked for Alltel, and when I left, they didn't bother to remove my free data on my Touch Pro, unlimited text on all three lines, etc. This month I got a shock when Verizon finally caught on a year later.

I'm trying to work out the best options. We have 3 lines. Me, my wife, and her dad. It looks like we could all switch to a connect plan with 3 smartphones for about the same price we're paying now considering he's paying $25 a month to tether his RAZR for his primary internet.

With a custom Rom I can Tether my Touch Pro with no additional cost, so I need to find a lower priced smartphone for him that could be tethered reliably without additional cost. HTC Ozone maybe? How about near smartphones like the EnV Touch, or Samsung Rogue? Thanks for any help.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:37 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Verizon Smartphone Suggestions?

The Eris is buy one get one free for 100.00, the Omnia is 30.00 and the Diamond is 100.00 The Eris will tether without any modifications, just need the free PDANet app from Android Marketplace.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 12-21-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Threadstarter

JayJ is a n00b

Thank you, sir. That is exactly what I needed to know. I was under the impression that Android OS phones couldn't tether.

Last edited by JayJ; 12-22-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:01 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

No problem . To tether you just have to have the free PDANet app on your phone, and then Download their free software on the PC side as well. Here's a link http://junefabrics.com/android/index.php. All you need is the free version, so dont worry about the "trial period" running out.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Actually they don't do connect packs it seems (I have a National Freedom) so it's either a Smart Choice or a $30 charge.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions