PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom rom slowdowns

Am I the only one who notices that after about two to three weeks after flashing a custom rom that tf3d slows down to almost a crawl. Even using the more reputable chef's roms and limiting my cab. installations it still happens. Maybe it's a conspericy to keep us flashing new ones idk.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

it happens sometimes rom and os building is not perfect!!

think of this " Windows 7 will not have the same problems that windows vista have! trust me!"

they have been saying that like forever and explorer still crashes!! u may not see it crash but it does!!

also one of the few extra programs u install could conflict with the core(oem) programs and or programming!!

Old 12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Custom rom slowdowns

never had this problem. i have a rom on my tp that is over 3 months old and its still fast as it was the first day i flashed it. some roms i have had,which were early releases, did "fall apart" stuff didnt load right, look right. but the closer the roms got to a final release they worked fine for me
Old 12-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Custom rom slowdowns

also keep in mind that most people as soon as they install a custom ROM start adding all of their own modifications, cabs, reg tweaks, and you don't realize how much device storage and device memory you lose. I have been using OMJ's 21882 for like 2 weeks now and it is still faster than crud, so the sys does have something to do with it.

besides, what are you doing keeping a flash for more than 3 weeks anyways before getting the new and improve sys build

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions