PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Why Arent There Loads Of Free Apps Like Android & iPhone App Stores?

I got my hands on a Hero for the first time today and theres a whole heap of free apps on there and loads of free apps on the iphone. I mean the Marketplace for winmo is off to kind of a slow start and there arent too many free ones in comparison.

what gives here? i kno theres ways to get free apps but microsoft needs to step up the free apps if they really want to compete
Old 12-14-2009, 11:30 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to strra
Re: Why Arent There Loads Of Free Apps Like Android & iPhone App Stores?

lol don't get apps from the marketplace... there are millions of free apps for WM... LOTS more than android and iphone
just look
Old 12-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

djqwikcut is keeping up the good workdjqwikcut is keeping up the good work

Here is one place and there are a TON MORE if you search google...

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC

skillzo1 is becoming a great contributor

imo most stuff for wm sucks compared to iphone apps. atleat from what i have seen and looked for.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
I got my hands on a Hero for the first time today and theres a whole heap of free apps on there and loads of free apps on the iphone. I mean the Marketplace for winmo is off to kind of a slow start and there arent too many free ones in comparison.

what gives here? i kno theres ways to get free apps but microsoft needs to step up the free apps if they really want to compete
I have been using WM back since the HP 520 PDA. there are tons of free apps out there. just because they are not in MS's app store does not mean they don't exist. I have used the web site below for years, before there was this thing called a iPhone and you used to carry a PDA and a phone. take a looks there is a ton of good stuff there. Google is your best friend looking for these sites to.

http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/
Old 12-15-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

fryjr82 is keeping up the good workfryjr82 is keeping up the good work

There are a ton of free WinMo apps but they just aren't as good as the Android and iPhone apps...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:27 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryjr82 View Post
There are a ton of free WinMo apps but they just aren't as good as the Android and iPhone apps...
Basically
Old 12-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryjr82 View Post
Mind giving some examples?
Old 12-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

I actually prefer not to have a store..and find my apps the old fashion way.. that way u know where its installed etc.. and u can just save the cabs on a flashdrive to store for later.. I went in to the app store on the bro in laws iphone.. and i got lost.lol

guess im just more old school.lol
Old 12-15-2009, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

quattro is just getting started

come on, there isn't a single app for the iphone or the droid that u can't find for windows mobile. However there are windows mobile programs that u can't find on iphone or droid. I can run the droid os on my windows mobile phone and make it look and behave just like n iphone.

Can u say that about the droid or iphone?

Windows mobile is also the only os that can use skyfire n they are the only ones so far that have figured out how to fully view a www with flash.

What was that about free apps on the iphone n droid?

Now dont get me wrong, I HATE microsoft and im a die hard Palm OS fan. But i changed to windows mobile because of the apps available to windows mobile. N think about it the iphone and droid are babies compared to windows mobile and plam. There are so many different companies and individuals making apps for windows mobile that its not possible to list all of them in one location.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions