PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 08:53 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why Arent There Loads Of Free Apps Like Android & iPhone App Stores?

this thread reminds me of a song...

My grandma and your grandma were sittin' by the fire
My grandma told your grandma:
"I'm gonna set your flag
on fire"
Old 02-03-2010, 04:23 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Best example for me is an app that I use regularly, facebook. Comparing the facebook app on iphone to my tp2 facebook is like night and day.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

true, iphone has the apps market dominated, it is the only saving grace the iphone has, and if/when winmo catches up with a centralized app store with comparable apps there will be no comparison between the two OSs. meantime you have to choose between more/better apps and everything else.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
true, iphone has the apps market dominated, it is the only saving grace the iphone has, and if/when winmo catches up with a centralized app store with comparable apps there will be no comparison between the two OSs. meantime you have to choose between more/better apps and everything else.
I think you are assuming that Microsoft catches up with their APP store... that's a BIG assumption. So far it hasn't done much.

I think it comes down to the upcoming Windows Mobile 7. Microsoft has to hit a homerun with this one otherwise I think Winmo devices are going to relegated to niche markets. Microsoft has enough money to do it, but they have to execute it very well.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I think you are assuming that Microsoft catches up with their APP store... that's a BIG assumption. So far it hasn't done much.

I think it comes down to the upcoming Windows Mobile 7. Microsoft has to hit a homerun with this one otherwise I think Winmo devices are going to relegated to niche markets. Microsoft has enough money to do it, but they have to execute it very well.
well I did say "If" and you're right it is a big IF. they totally redeemed themselves in the OS department with window 7 IMO so maybe they can do the same with winmo. I'm going to get an HD2 in the hopes that they do.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
well I did say "If" and you're right it is a big IF. they totally redeemed themselves in the OS department with window 7 IMO so maybe they can do the same with winmo. I'm going to get an HD2 in the hopes that they do.

Maybe windows should just make it illegal to code a windows mobile app on any os but windows. Then create clauses that give them partial ownership over any app created for winmo. Seems to be working for mac....
Old 02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well I think there are quite a few other things wm needs to improve aside from just apps... mainly their interface and performance. If you buy a wm phone that's not htc where they dont include their own manila/sense then you already know what I mean.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Best example for me is an app that I use regularly, facebook. Comparing the facebook app on iphone to my tp2 facebook is like night and day.
I may be wrong, but isn't iphone.facebook.com using OPERA Mobile the SAME interface that's on the iphone??
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM
The EVO Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I may be wrong, but isn't iphone.facebook.com using OPERA Mobile the SAME interface that's on the iphone??
No.. its not. And on top of that the iphone version gives you push notifications through the facebook app whenever you get a new reply, message, or an add request.. it works exactly like the real site does. I can even play mafia wars through it.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryjr82 View Post
There are a ton of free WinMo apps but they just aren't as good as the Android and iPhone apps...
i don't know. all of the free apps i have found for my daughter for her ipod touch have been basic versions. full versions cost money. doesn't seem so good to me.
how much does a good nav program cost on the iphone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions