PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

dvdtroup is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why Arent There Loads Of Free Apps Like Android & iPhone App Stores?

I love my TP2 but will say that the google Gps, Spoof app, and the bar code reader on Android kicks @$$. Also they have us beat on assessories by far. Very frustred looking for a car mount for my phone. And I know all about Google, but can't find what I'm looking for
Old 12-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This is sad. Bottom line only 1 iphone and droid is new. Easy to make an app for single operating systems. Add up all the phones that have windowsmobile on them. Windowmobile phones out sell any other phone by far. Add up all the apps for windows mobile compared to iphone apps. No there is no set store or set button to get an app on WM. But WM is by far a better operating system and will out live all the hype of iphone and droid. Just give it time.

BOO B)
Old 12-16-2009, 08:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro

mastahc411 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattro View Post
come on, there isn't a single app for the iphone or the droid that u can't find for windows mobile. However there are windows mobile programs that u can't find on iphone or droid. I can run the droid os on my windows mobile phone and make it look and behave just like n iphone.
There is no Tpain app for WM. Not that it matters to me, I have a TP and a jailbroken itouch 2g. So I can run WinMo and Android on the TP, and use the Itouch for games and fun stuff like I am Tpain.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Lurker

dvdtroup is a n00b

I wouldn't trade my TP2 + SERO for any of them, but right now they have some apps that I wish WM had. We were making prank calls today to our boss and wifes with a spoof app. Good times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Pandaman is becoming a great contributor

The reason that some of the windows mobile apps look like crap could be because many are old and designed for smaller QVGA screens since WM has been around for a long time. Since windows mobile comes on 25 different phones, all with different screen sizes and processing capability, it's difficult to create WM programs that run well on all these different phones.

On the other hand, the Iphone is just ONE phone and the Android is just a couple and they all have the larger WVGA screens. This make it much easier for programmers.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Google.com is the worlds largest appz store....

I do thank Apple & Google for having to make WM step their game up.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Lurker

dvdtroup is a n00b

If you are reading this forum you most likely don't need a market place to get apps. But you can Google it as much as you want, the apps l listed above are not there for Wm. Its about the market, and if we like it or not the iphone and droid are the must have phones. The rich kids have them and spend alot of money n apps. If I didn't do my homework, i'd have a Hero right now.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:49 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOO B) View Post
This is sad. Bottom line only 1 iphone and droid is new. Easy to make an app for single operating systems. Add up all the phones that have windowsmobile on them. Windowmobile phones out sell any other phone by far. Add up all the apps for windows mobile compared to iphone apps. No there is no set store or set button to get an app on WM. But WM is by far a better operating system and will out live all the hype of iphone and droid. Just give it time.

BOO B)
What kind of sense does this make? You're talking about add up all the windows mobile phones and they sell more than ONE type of phone. OF COURSE THEY WILL. It wont be that way for long though as winmo sales have been falling steadily for the past 2 quarters. Add up all the apps compared to iphone apps and you will probably STILL have a loss. The iphone app store has close to 60,000 apps.. and android marketplace has 20,000 ALREADY in a YEAR.

And NO Winmo is NOT a by far better operating system than droid and iphone either.. and this is coming FROM a TP2 user. Sometimes you just have to be real with yourself dude but this post is hogwash. Winmo hasnt changed anything about their operating system in years other than adding manila to mask the plain and outdated green windows mobile screen. Have you handled a droid yet? I have and its faster, better gps and a more responsive screen. The truth is just the truth.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

To put the Operating Systems in perspective as far as customization goes, please see the following registry edits:

*WindowsMobile\OperatingSystem\IsCustomizable "DWORD=1"

The following registry edit's are for entertainment purposes only as these systems do not allow such actions:

*iphone\OperatingSystem\IsLocked = True
*Android\System\CreateConfusingMenu "DWORD=1"
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode

I smell a troll.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions