PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2006, 05:42 AM
Lurker

yknock1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to yknock1 Send a message via MSN to yknock1 Send a message via Yahoo to yknock1
SPRINT txt messaging

Does anyone know if sprint has anything like this? I really don't feel like paying 15/mo for something they wont guarantee.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
What is Sprint not guaranteeing?
Old 11-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Lurker

inoy1 is a n00b
i called and they found that using the 70246 code but i can no longer have IN text messaging on my plan with that option. i text so many IN messages i can not lose that but would have been good to have the aditional off network messages.
Old 11-28-2006, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Alternative Plan

Hey I just got off the phone with Verizon today and got a new texting/data plan which seems to be one of their better ones. It is as follows:
Unlimited Data
800 text messages
100 Pix messages

total = $20/month

I personally thought that the unlimited data for 44.99 was way too much and as far as I know they're still offering the unlimited data plan at that much so as soon as I saw this I ate it up, on my online account it is posted as the following 'unl data 800 text 100' or something to that extent. There is NO IN messaging with these though its just straight up 800 so hope this helps someone, any of you mods can move it to a more visible place if you feel it necessary.

PH
Old 11-28-2006, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work
How can you have all that for 20 dollars? If unlimited data costs 44.95.? Are you sure about this new package?
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip
Re: Alternative Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectHybrid
Hey I just got off the phone with Verizon today and got a new texting/data plan which seems to be one of their better ones. It is as follows:
Unlimited Data
800 text messages
100 Pix messages

total = $20/month

I personally thought that the unlimited data for 44.99 was way too much and as far as I know they're still offering the unlimited data plan at that much so as soon as I saw this I ate it up, on my online account it is posted as the following 'unl data 800 text 100' or something to that extent. There is NO IN messaging with these though its just straight up 800 so hope this helps someone, any of you mods can move it to a more visible place if you feel it necessary.

PH
Hey PHybrid, can you share how you went about getting this plan? Is this some special retention plan or did you just stumble onto it by asking questions?
Old 11-28-2006, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
To SFLD I PM'ed you basically what I am about to write here
To hannip and everyone else who wants to know how I went about doing this:

My friend and I both have 700's he has a P and I have a W. His bill was just up not even a week ago and he got charged for data, which he did not use. So he called up Verizon to figure out why this is the second month in a row he got charged for going on the net but didn't (the first month he just took is assuming he accidentally connected but he made sure he didn't this time). They told him, and this is news to me as every rep I've spoken to said this isn't the case, but they told him on all smart phones regardless of if you have a pix messaging package you get data charged to you just because its a smartphone. He said he argued and talked to managers about it and they refused to credit him back the few dollars worth of data the pix cost. So the end result of this conversation was him gettin ga plan that for $20 gives him unlimited data 800 text messages and 100 pix messages. Obviously I didn't believe him so I took my laptop and personally signed into his online Verizon account (he was there don't worry haha) and went to his features and I'll be damned if it wasn't there. So the first thing I did was decide whether I wanted Verizon to pro rate the fu*k out of me as they have in the past and completely screwed me. But in any case I called up 611 and talked to the guy. The conversation pretty much went like this.
Me: Hey I wanted to change my texting package to that of what my friend just got added to his account, its and unlimited data package.
CS: Alright sir you know that if you drop the texting package the unlimited data won't give you any.
Me: Oh right, but the package he has is unlmited data 800 texts and 100 pix message for $20
CS: Really?! wow thats a great deal, I haven't heard of that and usually they send us out information about that if we have something that good
Me: (shit that doesn't sound good) Really? That's odd he definitely has it.
CS: Yeah, I am still looking....well here it is unlimited data 800 text messages and 100 pix messages, let me go ahead and add it. There we go.
Me: So it's added then?
CS: Yup just go ahead and dial *228 send listen to prompts and hit 2 let it program the phone then turn the phone on and off and you're good to go
Me: Thank (the lord that Verizon didn't just as* rape me on data) you very much.

If anyone wants me to send then a screen shot of my verizon account so they can see it added i'll be more than happy to just PM with your email. But on the features page it says, 'UNL PDA 800 TXT 100 ' and then in the cost column $20 KEEP IN MIND the text messages do not include in so you do NOT have unlimited in. Let me know if this helps/works for anyone else I hope it does cause it's about time Verizon stops screwin us for data.

PH

P.S. I live in CT but hopefully this is offered in all markets, GL!!
Old 11-28-2006, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

hannip is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to hannip
Thanks! This is great news! Finally some competition. Sfld has confirmed that this is legit and had it added to his plan too. Now we just need vzw to come out with a decent phone so I can switch back.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

PerfectHybrid is a n00b
Great I am glad it worked, so now if anyone has and questions, hit me up or sfld it looks liks.

PH
Old 11-28-2006, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sfld is keeping up the good worksfld is keeping up the good work
yup we have it added, im going to try to add the 2000 sms allowance in a few minutes, so thatl make it 2800 msgs total lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions