PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Switching to a mac (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93339)

drift365 10-29-2009 04:02 PM

Switching to a mac

Recently I have been having more issues with my pcs and am tired of all the BS. I am thinking about switching to a mac and was hoping there was an easy way to transfer everything from my iphone before I reformat it, or not reformat it all.

Thanks,

Matt

CyberMonkey 11-05-2009 11:58 PM

Re: Switching to a mac

There's nothing to it. Just make a backup in iTunes and then make sure you copy that backup file from the PC to the MAC when you are transfering any other files from the PC to the MAC.....it's what I did, and all was good. No need to reformat the iPhone just cause you are switching to a MAC.

Perasite 11-06-2009 10:40 AM

Don't need to do anything with your iPhone. Just deauthorize the PC for iTunes when you get your Mac. Authorize the Mac and sync. You won't regret getting a Mac. I've never been happier using computers than I have been since getting my Mac.

CyberMonkey 11-06-2009 11:48 AM

I have not owned or used a MAC until I got mine just a couple of months ago, but I truely enjoy. But it's still a computer and I can make all computer my b!tch :)

drift365 11-06-2009 12:22 PM

I jaillbroke my iphone a while ago. is there any way i can sync the cydia apps? I got all of my music over so i can sync that and my photos. And yes, i love the mac. hopefully ill learn to do as much on here as i did my pc and hopefully still maintain my pc knowledge

Thanks,

Matt

CyberMonkey 11-06-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1304243)
I jaillbroke my iphone a while ago. is there any way i can sync the cydia apps? I got all of my music over so i can sync that and my photos. And yes, i love the mac. hopefully ill learn to do as much on here as i did my pc and hopefully still maintain my pc knowledge

Thanks,

Matt

For syncing the Cydia apps, the only thing I know of is grabbing APT Backup from Cydia, and backing up the Cydia Apps with it. Then after performing a restore from a backup you can do a restore of the Cydia apps.

drift365 11-06-2009 01:04 PM

awesome thanks. ill try that when i get out of class today

CyberMonkey 11-06-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1304373)
awesome thanks. ill try that when i get out of class today

If you have any problems, let me know and I will help as best I can :)

drift365 11-17-2009 10:02 AM

Is there a good forum for macs?

CyberMonkey 12-07-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1336543)
Is there a good forum for macs?

Beleive apple's website has a forum section. I know there is one I keep hitting at home that is decent, I will get the link when I get home tonight and post it here.